Plano, Texas (PRWEB) October 24, 2013
It may be a decades-old technology, but barcoding continues to dramatically transform businesses for the better.
That’s why Plano-based System ID will host the 2013 Barcode Technology Summit on Nov. 11 at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, Texas. Hundreds of small and medium-sized businesses from throughout the country are expected to attend and learn about the latest barcode and RFID trends from pacesetters in the industry.
The summit is geared toward companies in the manufacturing, warehouse, logistics, supply chain, retail and transportation industries. An expanded and improved exhibition hall will show barcoding applications in action, with mock settings including a warehouse demonstrating how technology can be used to transform attendees’ businesses processes.
In addition, key speakers at the event will go beyond the concept of using barcodes to simply capture data. They will offer analysis and insight on business issues and improvement of processes. Speakers include the following industry luminaries:
- Michael Liard, vice president of auto ID and data collection at VDC Research, will set the stage in his opening keynote address, which will outline trends and productivity opportunities with barcoding technology.
- Grant Miller, senior business development manager at Zebra Technologies, will reveal how “The Internet of Things” can truly improve supply chain operations.
- Jim Hilton, senior director of the Field Mobility Industry Solutions Group at Motorola Solutions, will demonstrate how big data can deliver big results for companies that have instant information access for real-time decision-making.
“It’s exciting to gather so many barcoding visionaries, industry experts and forward-thinking companies under one roof,” said Tom O’Shea, president for System ID. “Attendees will have amazing access to barcoding products and the technology experts who can truly impact their businesses – and their bottom lines.”
Participants can attend nine informative breakout sessions that discuss best practices and share real success stories, including:
- Deciding whether RFID is right for your business
- Determining whether iOS fits into your supply chain
- Realizing the benefits of asset tracking
- Understanding how video surveillance can impact warehouse operations
In addition, the event has a Technology Showcase featuring leading barcode solution manufacturers Motorola Solutions, Zebra Technologies, Datalogic, Honeywell, Wasp Barcode Technologies, inLogic, Knight Security Systems, Precision Warehouse Design, Black Tie Labels and Supplies, Datamax O’Neil, Seagull Scientific, SATO, Wavelink, Flowtrac, Metalcraft, OKI Printing Solutions, and Brother Mobile Solutions.
Registration for the event costs $75 through Oct. 31. On Nov. 1, the price rises to $149. Hotel rooms are available at the Gaylord Texan Resort for those needing overnight accommodation. For more information about the Summit and to register, visit http://www.systemid.com/barcode-technology-summit.
About System ID
With more than 30 years of experience helping customers improve productivity and profitability, System ID is the nation’s leading provider of barcoding products and solutions for small and medium-sized business. Customers rely on System ID’s unsurpassed product knowledge and consultative approach to guide them during every step of the way, from automating manual processes to scaling existing systems and optimizing environments with the latest technology. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, System ID employs more than 50. For more information, visit http://www.systemid.com.