Since April's Retargeting Barometer, respondents using Facebook Exchange retargeting rose from 41% to 56%.
New York (PRWEB) October 23, 2013
Chango, (http://www.chango.com) a marketing technology company, in partnership with Digiday, released "The Retargeting Barometer, Q4 2013," the most extensive survey on the state of retargeting undertaken to date.
The report found that more than half of all respondents, from both agencies and brands said they planned to spend more on retargeting in 2014, with one in five saying they have dedicated retargeting budgets.
Other findings include:
- 60% of respondents revealed they were using both view-through and click-through to measure the success of their retargeting campaigns;
- 28% of respondents cite the lack of integration with other marketing initiatives as a challenge in adopting retargeting. 27% cite transparency as their second biggest challenge;
- Site retargeting remains the most ubiquitous type of retargeting, used by 86% of respondents, followed closely by search retargeting at 75% of respondents;
- Since April's Retargeting Barometer, respondents using Facebook Exchange retargeting rose from 41% to 56%;
- There is room for improvement among ad-tech vendors. Only 25% of respondents were "very satisfied" working with retargeting vendors. The biggest issue marketers had with ad-tech vendors in general was that there were too many companies offering products with little differentiation.
"Retargeting continues to grow," said Ben Plomion, vice president of marketing at Chango and report co-author. "A strong majority have accepted it as a standard marketing practice."
The complete report can be found at http://www.chango.com/barometer.
Methodology: Chango-Digiday’s Retargeting Barometer, Q4 2013 survey was managed and fielded by Digiday, who reached out to almost 300 media buyers located in the US, Canada,and the UK. It was fielded from September to October 2013. Survey respondent incentives include gift certificates and research reports. Survey respondents came from a wide range of companies and industries, ranging from media (the clear majority, at 36%) to retailers, autos & parts, financial services, travel & leisure and beyond. Six out of ten respondents are at the vice president, director or manager level or higher. In terms of key area of responsibility, most serve in either a media planning or marketing function (51% and 26%, respectively) or are in strategic/senior management (10%).
About Chango Inc.
Chango is a marketing technology company that puts marketers ahead of their competition. Chango's Programmatic Marketing Platform provides massively scalable reach and robust data management with the support of an industry-leading team of experts. The company's proven technology and vast data resources means marketers will reach the right audiences with the right message across all devices. Chango's clients include Lego, Gilt and Bloomingdale's and the company has partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and eBay. Chango has 11 offices throughout North America and Europe. Chango is backed by iNovia, Rho Canada Ventures, Metamorphic Ventures, Extreme Venture Partners and Mantella Venture Partners . For more information, please visit http://www.chango.com.