Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 24, 2013
The annual release of new Medicare Advantage and Part D star-ratings data by CMS is a treasure trove of competitive information plans and their partners can use to improve their future star-ratings performance. In the Oct. 29 co-hosted Atlantic Information Services and Gorman Health Group webinar, “Inside the 2014 Star Ratings for MA and Part D: Trends and Their Implications,” industry experts will take an in-depth look at the 2014 star ratings and their implications.
Three Gorman Health Group experts — Deb Devereaux, senior vice president of pharmacy services; Aaron Eaton, chief development officer; and Jane Scott, senior vice president of clinical services — will provide guidance to participants for planning their organization’s short- and long-term stars strategies by answering questions such as:
- What happened to plans’ average star ratings, and why?
- Are scores on medication adherence and osteoporosis management still weak? If so, what can be done about them?
- Have regional disparities lessened, and what might CMS do to deal with those disparities on stars in the future?
- How did MA Special Needs Plans fare in the new ratings? What new measures could be in store for them in 2015 and beyond?
- Which stars measures will CMS probably “retire” for 2015, and why?
- What is CMS likely to do on new stars measures in areas such as comprehensive medication reviews and increased four-star thresholds related to the Million Hearts cardiovascular care initiative?
- Will CMS proceed for 2015 with its earlier proposal — that it subsequently decided to delay — to use individual-measure scores rather than the star ratings for those scores in calculating plans’ summary and overall star ratings?
- Will CMS permanently halt the setting of new four-star thresholds, and, if so, what does that means for the likelihood of plans getting bonuses in 2015 and beyond?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3ag42_102913 for more details and registration information.
AIS has partnered with GHG on an exclusive series of webinars designed to deliver timely and meaningful information the government health care industry needs to implement health reform. From expert analysis on the latest regulatory updates to war stories and best practices, these webinars provide the tools and guidance necessary to transform regulatory policy into operational reality.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
About Gorman Health Group
Gorman Health Group (GHG) is a national health care professional services and software company staffed by subject-matter experts, former health plan executives and seasoned regulators. For more than 16 years, hundreds of clients serving millions of beneficiaries have leveraged the strategic counsel and technology solutions of GHG to maintain compliant operations, improve market position and advance growth objectives. Learn more at http://www.gormanhealthgroup.com.