Ed Gumbrecht, Gowrie's president said, 'Together we have developed a special organization, dedicated to excellence for our clients - and for one another. As a team we continue to deliver exceptional and remarkable things.'
Westbrook, CT (PRWEB) October 28, 2013
Gowrie Group, New England's renowned specialty insurance agency, is proud to announce that we have been voted as a Top Connecticut Workplace for the 3rd year in a row by our employees.
The selection for the Top Workplaces program is based on a comprehensive survey, administered by The Hartford Courant and FoxCT, which asks employees to complete a battery of questions about working at Gowrie Group. The survey asks employees for their opinions on all areas of the workplace including career path, working environment, managers, leadership, company vision, and benefits.
From more than 600 entrants, 55 winning companies were selected based on overall score. Gowrie Group was named as a winner, and is also part of a select group of companies, called the "Terrific Twenty," that are three-peat winners of this designation.
Carter Gowrie, Gowrie's CEO, said "We are honored to be selected as a winner because the results are based on the opinions and grades given to our company by our own employees. I am proud that we have built an environment where employees feel valued and recognized for their hard work and commitment to excellence."
Employees were asked to both rate the company and give qualitative feedback. Employee comments paint a picture of the positive and rewarding work environment at Gowrie Group:
- The overall working environment here is positive and happy.
- The management team has a terrific balance of professionalism and a fun-loving spirit, and the message continually communicated to employees is that each person matters to the organization.
- Our firm has "personality" coupled with a thorough knowledge of the product and industry, and is a buttoned-up organization that is able to provide solid benefits to both its clients and to its employees.
- My manager and upper management support my decisions and encourage me to move forward and further develop my knowledge and career.
- Even in a tough economy, businesses within our group continue to grow because of its people and its product offerings.
- Our Manager encourages our dept. to think outside the box on better ways to use our time more efficiently.
- It is exciting to see a motivated company that recognizes opportunity and is willing to invest in its future by building its own internal support and development teams, in order to reach its longer-term objectives and goals.
Extensive research has shown that "Top Workplaces" tend to outperform their competitors, have positive employee morale, and receive high customer satisfaction marks. Gowrie Group indexes high on all of these attributes.
Ed Gumbrecht, Gowrie's president, told his team, "Together, we have developed a special organization, dedicated to excellence for our clients - and for one another. As a team, we continue to deliver exceptional and remarkable things. On behalf of the Gowrie partners, I thank you for helping Gowrie Group achieve this important recognition for the third year in a row."
Gowrie Group. Always on Watch. As one of the nation's Top 100 independent insurance agencies, Gowrie Group provides total risk management services to individuals and organizations with complex insurance needs. Gowrie Group offers comprehensive insurance solutions matched with trusted advice and a commitment to service excellence. Gowrie Group's portfolio of offerings includes commercial, home/auto, equine, and yacht insurance, as well as employee benefits solutions and safety services. The company's 140+ professionals service clients across the US from primary offices in Westbrook CT, Darien CT, Newport RI, North Kingstown RI, and Marshfield, MA. For more information, visit http://www.gowrie.com or call 800.262.8911.