Twitter Pitch #1: Bernadette’s Song, performed by the #BigBangTheory cast, available now on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BBT Support @MusiCares! @BigBang_CBS
Burbank, CA (PRWEB) October 25, 2013
Ba-sing-a! The Big Bang Theory is getting musical with the release on iTunes of an original song performed by the cast. In the Thursday, October 24, episode “The Romance Resonance,” the plans Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) has to celebrate the anniversary of his first date with his microbiologist wife, Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz (Melissa Rauch), are thwarted when a lab incident leaves her temporarily quarantined. In a romantic gesture, Howard performs the original song “If I Didn’t Have You (Bernadette’s Song)” outside her hospital room, with his friends Leonard (Johnny Galecki), Sheldon (Jim Parsons), Penny (Kaley Cuoco), Raj (Kunal Nayyar) and Amy (Mayim Bialik) singing backup.
- The cast recording of the song — distributed by WaterTower Music — features Helberg singing lead with Galecki, Parsons, Cuoco, Nayyar and Bialik providing backing vocals. “If I Didn’t Have You (Bernadette’s Song) [MusiCares version]” can be downloaded on iTunes now, in recognition of the show’s support of MusiCares®.
- “If I Didn’t Have You (Bernadette’s Song)” was written by comedian, singer-songwriter and The Big Bang Theory recurring guest star Kate Micucci (who played Raj’s ultra-shy ex-girlfriend Lucy) and her music partner Riki Lindhome, who perform as the comedy folk duo Garfunkel and Oates.
- To see the clip of the in-show performance and for embed code for web/blog posting, click here: http://bit.ly/1a3NuAW
- To download artwork for this release, including lyrics from the song, click here: http://bit.ly/1he15Nc
About The Big Bang Theory
Currently in its seventh season, The Big Bang Theory stars Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch. Created by Chuck Lorre & Bill Prady, the series is produced by Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television and is executive produced by Lorre, Prady and showrunner Steve Molaro. The Big Bang Theory airs on Thursdays at 8/7c on CBS and five nights a week in syndication.
Established in 1989 by The Recording Academy®, MusiCares provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares’ services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly impact the health and welfare of the music community. For more information, please visit http://www.musicares.org. For breaking news and exclusive content, please like “MusiCares” on Facebook at facebook.com/musicares, follow MusiCares on Twitter @MusiCares at twitter.com/musicares, and join us on Instagram at instagram.com/musicares. Warner Bros. Entertainment and The Big Bang Theory are proud supporters of MusiCares®.
# # #
Warner Bros. Television
(818) 954-4855, tammy(dot)golihew(at)warnerbros(dot)com
For The Big Bang Theory
(818) 954-7608, susan(dot)kesser(at)warnerbros(dot)com
(310) 392-3777, christina(dot)cassidy(at)grammy(dot)com