(PRWEB UK) 29 October 2013
Colin Stevens, founder of http://www.betterbathrooms.com, was named the EN North West Entrepreneur of the Year at the glittering EN awards ceremony at Mere Golf Resort & Spa. It was a double whammy for Stevens as he also bagged the Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Celebrating their twelfth year as the North West’s premier business awards evening, EN’s Entrepreneur of the Year Awards are the region’s top accolade for owner-managed businesses and an opportunity to formally recognise the outstanding contribution that our region’s business people make.
Better Bathrooms story is one of exceptional growth in a competitive retail market. From humble beginnings 12 years ago as a purely online business, operating out of 21 year old founder Colin Stevens’ bedroom, to being firmly established as the UK's largest independent bathroom and tiles retailer. Better Bathrooms employed over 180 staff based in either their head office in Leigh, their office in Warrington or in one of their 3 showrooms in Wigan, Warrington and Manchester.
After collecting both awards, Colin explained, “This is an incredible moment for me – to win Young Entrepreneur and North West Entrepreneur at the EN Awards is fantastic and illustrates how far Better Bathrooms has come in 12 years. When we started submitting award entries, I never thought we would win 15 awards in 15 months – the success we have achieved is outstanding.”
The EN Awards had a record number of nominations for this year’s event, which was once again, a sell-out. The cream of the North West’s entrepreneurial crop were all present to enjoy the 12th annual awards ceremony.
TV weather presenter Sian Lloyd hosted proceedings and Michael Portillo, former MP turned political broadcaster, provided the after-dinner entertainment.
This year’s judging panel consisted of Rachel Elnaugh, former Dragons’ Den star and creator of experiences brand Red Letter Days, Chilli Marketing’s Gareth Whittle, Rob Cotton, chief executive of NCC Group and Secured Mail founder Mark Bigley.
- Intentional Trade Award: Trolex Ltd
- Property Entrepreneur of the Year: Michael Howard, urbanbubble
- Retail and Leisure Entrepreneur of the Year: Ross Mackenzie, Black Dog Ballroom Group
- Technology Entrepreneur of the Year: Mark Pegler, ParkCloud Ltd
- Digital and Media Entrepreneur of the Year: Oliver Yeates, Clicky Media Ltd
- Family Business of the Year: Robinsons Brewery
- Most Entrepreneurial PR/Marketing Firm of the Year: MC2
- Start of the Year: The Seafood Pub Company
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year: Tracy Mort, Grace Cole Ltd
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Colin Stevens, Better Bathrooms
- North West Entrepreneur of the Year: Colin Stevens, Better Bathrooms