Increased luxury yacht transfers from St. Thomas give our guests more convenient non-stop flight options to get to Peter Island. - General Manager, Wilbert Mason
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 30, 2013
Peter Island Resort & Spa, the British Virgin Islands’ largest private island resort, is delighted to announce increased scheduled transfers via luxury sport yacht to and from St. Thomas International Airport four days a week effective November 1, 2013. Increased service provides more options to book convenient direct flights making travel to Peter Island more streamlined.
“With more frequent transfers to and from St. Thomas, we can offer our guests easier access and sell Peter Island as a ‘non-stop’ flight destination,” states Peter Island Resort’s General Manager, Wilbert Mason. “Now our guests’ vacations can begin as soon as they get off their non-stop flight with a yacht cruise through the Virgin Islands.”
Peter Island Resort transfers to and from St. Thomas will be available Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays. Pricing and scheduling is as follows:
To Peter Island (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays):
- Guests check in with Tropic Tours at St. Thomas International Airport for a 10-minute taxi transfer to Charlotte Amalie where the boat is docked.
- Guests’ flights must arrive prior to 3pm to make the 3:30 pm Charlotte Amalie yacht departure.
- Guests arriving in St. Thomas earlier in the day can store luggage on-board at Charlotte Amalie and enjoy sightseeing, shopping and lunch in St. Thomas prior to the 3:30 pm departure.
- The transfer takes 1.5 hours aboard a 45’ Doral sport yacht with outdoor and indoor air-conditioned seating. Complimentary refreshments and light snacks are served during the transfer.
- Brief stop at West End Tortola, British Virgin Islands for on-board immigration clearance.
- 5 pm - ETA at Peter Island’s mega yacht harbor in time for sunset cocktails.
Departures from Peter Island (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays):
- 8:30 am departure from Peter Island to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.
- Stop in St. John for U.S. customs/immigration clearance. Guests disembark for clearance and re-board to continue to Charlotte Amalie.
- 10 am – ETA at Charlotte Amalie.
- Tropic Tours transport from the yacht to St. Thomas International Airport (10 minutes).
- Guests with flights later in the day can leave luggage on-board to explore St. Thomas.
2013: USD 125 per person
2014: USD 199 per person
2013: USD 70 per person
2014: USD 125 per person
Reservations for transfers to/from St. Thomas must be made in advance by contacting Peter Island’s Reservations Office at +1 800 346 4451, or by email at reservations(at)peterisland(dot)net. For guests traveling via St. Thomas on other days, private boat transfers can be arranged with Peter Island’s Reservations Office at prevailing rates. Transfers to and from Beef Island International Airport in the British Virgin Islands are also available 7 days a week and can be arranged through Peter Island’s reservations office.
About Peter Island Resort & Spa
An idyllic private island hideaway known to yachtsmen and sailors for over 30 years, Peter Island Resort & Spa offers 1,800 acres of paradise with five pristine beaches, three captivating, fully-staffed, residential-style Villas, Beachfront Junior Suites just steps from the sea, and charming, conveniently located Ocean View Rooms. Home to one of the Caribbean’s most spectacular spas, the 10,000 square foot oasis has a staff of talented therapists who take pampering to an entirely new level. The island’s wide variety of land and sea activities include private diving and snorkeling excursions, sea kayaking, windsurfing, tennis, sailing, deep sea fishing, and hikes to the island’s scenic Sunset Loop. Located in the British Virgin Islands, Peter Island is a treasured secret among sophisticated travelers seeking the luxury of a private island and the Caribbean as it’s meant to be.
For more information, please contact: