Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 29, 2013
Accountable care organizations (ACOs) are sprouting up all over the country in every conceivable design and configuration. One model that has attracted interest — and holds great promise for improving patient outcomes and reducing costs for payers and providers — is the oncology-specific ACO. In the upcoming Nov. 13 Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) webinar, “Oncology-only Accountable Care: How to Reduce Costs and Improve Outcomes in Single-Condition ACOs,” participants will learn the details of how oncology ACOs and other condition-specific ACOs work, and how they differ from traditional ACOs in offering shared savings potential and opportunities for payers and providers.
The webinar will be led by John B. Gavras, M.D., senior vice president, delivery system and chief medical officer for Florida Blue, and William J. Demarco, MA, CMC, president and CEO of Pendulum HealthCare Development Corporation. In 60 minutes of expert presentations, followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will receive practical advice on these and other related questions:
- How do organizations build a specialty provider network from the bottom up?
- What member populations are most suitable for launching an oncology ACO?
- What services should an oncology-only ACO provide?
- How effectively can a cancer patient have all of his or her medical needs met in this setting?
- What does a condition-specific business plan look like? How does it differ from the business plan for a traditional ACO?
- How should staffing, administrative functions, provider associations and compensation for value-based care be handled in a condition-specific ACO?
- How do the shared savings work in an oncology-only ACO?
- How far can the concept of condition-specific ACOs go? What is the market-penetration level?
- How does the existence of an oncology-specific ACO impact other accountable care arrangements in which the sponsoring carrier and provider(s) are involved?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3r47_111313 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.