“We see this as an opportunity to help further the mission by supporting the creative minds of TedxWallStreet," says Matthew Gordon, CEO of the Gordon Group.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) October 29, 2013
The Gordon Group announced today that it is sponsoring the second annual TEDxWallStreet not-for-profit conference. The theme of this year’s conference, “Filling the Void,” has attracted a slate of bright and often unconventional thinkers from finance, business, technology, entertainment, social justice and the arts, who will speak about local and global social and economic voids and how to fill them.
The day-long event will take place at the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
“These are multi-disciplinary TEDx Talks for the Wall Street community, not finance talks for TED,” said Jonathan Ende, CEO of BorrowersFirst and founder and co-organizer of the conference. “Last year’s event introduced Wall Street to the global TEDx phenomenon; this year is shaping up to be even better. The event is by invitation only to some of the most passionate producers and brilliant thinkers in the Wall Street community. We’re very grateful to our stellar line-up of speakers who are generously contributing their time and ideas to make this event exciting and impactful. Our goal is to spark deep discussion and debate among a diverse audience of thought leaders from the Wall Street community.”
TEDxWallStreet speakers include:
● Stanley Druckenmiller: Wall Street hedge fund legend, chairman of Harlem Children's Zone.
● Michael Arad: partner at Handel Architects; designer of :”Reflecting Absence,” the 9/11 Memorial at the World Trade Center site.
● Gemma Godfrey: head of investment strategy at wealth manager Brooks Macdonald, television broadcaster, quantum physicist.
● Mary Ellen Iskenderian: president and CEO of Women's World Banking, the world's largest network of microfinance institutions and banks.
● Brian David Johnson: Intel's chief futurist, head of Intel's Tomorrow Project, pioneer in artificial intelligence.
● Jason Latimer: world champion of magic, groundbreaking illusionist with 17 consecutive championship titles and awards.
● Dr. Pamela Peeke: internationally renowned physician and scientist, expert in the fields of nutrition, metabolism, stress and fitness.
● Richard Sandor: CEO of Environmental Financial Products, "father of financial futures," "father of carbon trading."
● Peter Tunney: legendary artist, creator of the Peter Tunney Experiment, former successful Wall Street investor.
● Lynne Twist: global financial visionary, Mother Teresa disciple, founder of the Soul of Money Institute.
● George Whitesides: CEO and president of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic, formerly chief of staff for NASA.
● Bob Woodruff: anchor for ABC News; co-founder, Bob Woodruff Foundation
“We see this as an opportunity to help further the mission by supporting the creative minds of TedxWallStreet. Helping to bring together thought leaders in the space to provide ideas that will turn into the solutions of the future,” says Matthew Gordon, CEO of the Gordon Group.
Videos of all the talks will be available post-conference at http://www.TEDxWallStreet.com.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California almost 30 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes on a diverse mix of topics. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The TED2014 Conference will take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, along with the TEDActive simulcast in neighboring Whistler. TEDGlobal 2014 will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed; and TEDBooks, short e-books on powerful ideas. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world get help translating their wishes into action; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self-organized TED-style events around the world; and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
For information about TED's upcoming conferences, visit http://www.ted.com/registration