Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 31, 2013
In November, Miraca Life Sciences (MLS) will offer a series of webinars demonstrating the value of molecular markers, such as PTEN and ERG in the diagnosing and prognostication of prostate cancer. These molecular markers offer additional insight beyond what a traditional prostate biopsy can provide.
- PTEN is a prognostic marker that helps to identify indolent versus aggressive prostate cancers.
- Combined PTEN loss and ERG overexpression status are indicators of aggressive disease.
- ERG overexpression is highly specific to prostate carcinoma, and in proper clinical context, supports the diagnosis of prostate cancer
Complimentary webinars are offered at the following times:
- Monday, November 4th 8:00 a.m. CST
- Wednesday, November 6th 11:00 a.m. CST
- Friday, November 8th 5:00 p.m. CST
- Saturday, November 9th 10:00 a.m. CST
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men, with one case diagnosed in every six men. The ACS estimates about 240,000 men will be diagnosed with the disease in 2013.
About Miraca Life Sciences
Serving more than 3,500 patients each day, Miraca Life Sciences is a leader in providing an academic-caliber pathology laboratory with diagnostic services in the fields of dermatology, gastroenterology, hematology and urology. Building upon our experience with health IT, we also offer accessible technology solutions to assist healthcare professionals as they work towards accordance with Meaningful Use initiatives.
Miraca Life Sciences, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Japan-based Miraca Holdings Inc., employs a talented team of leading pathologists, histologists, lab technicians, technology consultants, and other medical professionals — all driven to help provide the highest and most up-to-date levels of diagnostic quality, enhanced workflow and practice solutions possible. It is part of our commitment: not only to scientific excellence, but to patients and practices.