We are developing a best-in-class platform and tools to keep our Experts motivated and engaged, and hope to inspire a whole new generation of contributors. We look forward to celebrating their work with millions of women each month.
Scottsdale, AZ and New York, NY (PRWEB) October 29, 2013
Today, SheKnows (http://www.sheknows.com) announced the launch of Experts Among Us, an influencer program across the core verticals of parenting, food, beauty, fashion, home, health, fitness, DIY, and charitable causes. SheKnows has created a supportive environment for content producers to share their passion via articles, recipes, how to’s, and videos.
Across all channels, original content from everyday experts will be integrated with award-winning editorial, a standout feature of the program. SheKnows editors will curate Expert content, working directly with contributors and helping to grow Experts’ personal brands through exposure to the SheKnows network.
“We are excited to give hand-raisers an opportunity to create fresh content under the guidance of our editors,” said Philippe Guelton, CEO of SheKnows. “We are developing a best-in-class platform and tools to keep our Experts motivated and engaged, and hope to inspire a whole new generation of contributors. We look forward to celebrating their work with millions of women each month.”
The program’s founding members have diverse backgrounds, including female entrepreneurs, thought-leaders, professional writers, social media sensations, celebrities with a cause, top bloggers, and yet-to-be-discovered talent. Contributors and advisors include:
- Amanda Clayman, financial therapist and blogger from The Good, The Bad, and The Money
- Sandra Denneler, creator of the Piñata Cookie
- Stephanie Dua, founder of Homer Learning
- Kate Duff, co-founder of 3floz.com
- Amber Dusick, of CrappyPictures.com
- Courtney Gould Nichols, co-founder of Smarty Pants Vitamins
- Kristen Howerton, parenting blogger from RageAgainsttheMinivan.com
- Logan Levkoff, Ph.D., sexologist and co-author of Got Teens? The Doctor Moms’ Guide to Sexuality, Social Media, and Other Adolescent Realities
- Nancy Lublin, CEO of DoSomething.org and founder of Crisis Text Line and Dress for Success
- Keiko Lynn, beauty and fashion blogger from KeikoLynn.com
- Audrey McClelland, parenting blogger from MomGenerations.com
- JJ Ramberg, co-founder Goodsearch.com and host Your Business on MSNBC
- Kelly Senyei, food blogger from JustaTaste.com
- Sabrina Soto, lifestyle expert, HGTV host, and author of Sabrina Soto Home Design
- Rachel Thebault, owner of Tribeca Treats
- Alisa Volkman, co-founder of Babble.com
Another point of differentiation surrounds how contributors are chosen. “We are creating a proprietary scoring methodology, our own version of Klout, which examines a variety of qualitative and quantitative factors to hand-select the right Experts for every program,” said Samantha Skey, Chief Revenue Officer at SheKnows. “We plan to leverage the scale of this community to deliver authentic product endorsements and brand advocacy.”
Experts are scored based on content quality, social influence, brand promotion, and professional credentials. Early advertisers in the program include: Universal Pictures’ About Time movie, Procter & Gamble’s Downy brand, Embassy Suites hotels, Lindt chocolates, Lord&Taylor department stores, Sony Pictures Entertainment’s One Direction movie, and Campbell Soup Company’s V8 V Fusion brand. Upcoming campaigns include: Ford Motor Company and Kohl’s Department Stores.
Founding members of Experts Among Us have been chosen by the SheKnows team. Other individuals with a unique point of view are encouraged to apply at: http://www.sheknows.com/experts/contribute.
For more information, please visit http://www.sheknows.com/experts.
SheKnows, LLC is an award-winning women’s media platform and a top lifestyle site with a network of more than 40 million unique visitors per month (comScore 2013). The SheKnows family of sites ranges from entertainment and parenting to beauty and food. Our mission is to connect women’s interests in real-time and in real voices, celebrating the everyday “experts among us.” We enable brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale to influence preferences and drive purchases. SheKnows is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. The company also operates internationally, with sites in Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Corporate Public Relations Manager