The number one mission of Extensis is to develop breakthrough technology that fosters the creative process, and enables users to be confident that their creative choices are protected.
Portland, OR (PRWEB UK) 30 October 2013
Extensis announced today it has been awarded a new patent for a key font management technology included in Extensis recently released Suitcase Fusion 5 and Universal Type Server 4. The new patent, No. 8,555,162 for “Application Sets”, enables the user to assign a collection of typefaces to any application. This collection of fonts is automatically activated any time the application is launched.
The news follows on the heels of three additional patents awarded in August 2013, including:
- Patent No. 8,488,886 for “QuickMatch”, a powerful font comparison technology which can tell designers almost instantaneously which fonts in their collection contain similar glyph traits. QuickMatch is also featured in Suitcase Fusion 5 and Universal Type Server 4.
- Patent No. 8,413,051 for “Contextually Previewing Fonts,” allows designers to preview fonts from their collection side-by-side using any text, as well as tear-off font previews that hover over all other applications in the Operating System.
- Patent No. 8,438,648 for “Preventing Unauthorised Font Linking,” a font security and watermarking technology found in the WebINK web font service that prevents piracy. This protects both the work of the designer and Extensis’ foundry partners.
“The number one mission of Extensis is to develop breakthrough technology that fosters the creative process, and enables users to be confident that their creative choices are protected,” said Chad Slater, Director of Extensis Engineering. “The continued issuing of patents for these key font management technologies reinforces this commitment.”
This adds to Extensis’ collection of font management patents including: simultaneous font previews, font activation, font corruption detection, and Font Sense™ for unique font identification.
About Extensis Font Management Solutions
Extensis has been leading the way in font management for two decades, with solutions that help enterprises and designers put their best font forward. Products include:
- Suitcase Fusion 5, the professional font manager which helps customers take full control of their font collection (desktop, web and beyond)
- Universal Type Server 4, the popular font server which centralises font libraries, solving the issues of font management, access and compliance
- WebINK, the standards-compliant solution for bringing live fonts to websites and mobile devices without licensing or file format hassles.
Celebrating 20 years in business, Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server, desktop, and web service products include: Portfolio Server® for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, Suitcase Fusion™ for single-user font management, and the WebINK® web font rental service. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit http://www.extensis.com
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. EXTENSIS, WebINK, and Suitcase Fusion are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.