London, UK (PRWEB) October 29, 2013
In 2009, the travel and tourism industry in South Africa was negatively influenced by the global economic crisis. In the same year, domestic tourist volumes recorded a 7.9% decline, while inbound tourist volumes declined by 26.9%. However, the national industry performance has improved during the past 3 years. The country also joins the ranks of popular medical tourism destination. Owing to the availability of modern clinics and highly-qualified cosmetic surgeons, South Africa attracted over 523,500 patients in 2011, generating revenues of more than USD 261.39 million. The bulk of medical tourists come to the country from Europe and North America.
The travel and tourism industry in South Africa is poised to witness sustainable growth between 2013 and 2017, spurred considerably by the increase in domestic and inbound tourist volumes along with government initiatives, taken to improve the national transport infrastructure. South Africa’s inbound and domestic tourist volumes are expected to exhibit a 3.7% CAGR and a 1.2% CAGR, respectively, through 2017.
New research report “Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017” worked out by Timetric has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: Travel and Tourism in South Africa to 2017
Published: October, 2013
Price: US$ 1,950.00
The research report contains an in-depth analysis of the South African travel and tourism market. It discloses critical historical and current data on the industry performance; examines the country’s tourism spending patterns in detail; provides essential information on the tourism output generated by each category within the South African industry. The study scrutinizes the tourism demand factors and draws up a clear picture of tourism flows in South Africa; analyzes employment and salary trends in various industry sectors; and also offers an insightful overview of the prevailing trends in a range of travel intermediaries industries. In addition, the report grants access to extensive profiles of the leading market players along with providing a detailed forecast for the South African travel and tourism market up to 2017.
- Extensive overview of the South African travel and tourism market, including a discussion of travel and tourism trends, tourism SWOT analysis, country fact sheet and demographic profile.
- Insightful examination of the domestic, inbound and outbound tourism flows.
- Data on the historical and current industry performance.
- Comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries.
- Discussion of the employment and salary trends in various industry sectors.
- Profiles of the leading companies involved in the local market.
- Vital details on the total, direct and indirect output in different categories of the country’s travel and tourism industry.
- Market future outlook through 2017.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at Timetric page.