Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) October 31, 2013
Fairlady Media today announced the launch of Grandma Loves Bugs for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. In this game for young children ages four to six, an adventurous grandma needs help identifying bugs, coloring butterflies, catching fireflies, spelling buggy words, matching letters on bees and flowers, building a spider web, and even finding a bug in her hair. The app includes ten mini-games, eight instructional videos, and fun interactive scenes. Kids can interact with grandma and watch videos of bugs in the real world.
Grandma Loves Bugs includes ten action-packed mini-games:
Spot the Difference. One of those bugs is missing antennae... can you spot the one that is different?
- Magic Coloring. Oops! That’s not the right color. Can you color it?
- Letter Match. Send the bee to the right flower by matching upper and lower case letters.
- Bug Spelling. Can you spell the word “wings?” Start with the first letter in the word.
- Counting Fireflies. Can you put 8 fireflies into the jar? Be quick, they’re fast.
- Number Groups. Which jar has 5 bugs?
- Identify Bugs. Which one is the grasshopper?
- Feed Baby Bird. Catch the bugs from mama’s beak to feed the baby bird.
- Bug Matching. Touch a leaf to see what’s behind it. Can you match the bugs?
- Build a Spider Web. Build a web and then test to see how many flies it will catch.
Grandma Loves Bugs covers the following educational content:
- Nature awareness (e.g. bug identification, bug anatomy, bug behavior, bugs as food for birds)
- Colors: orange, brown, red, green, yellow, black, blue, pink
- Numbers (counting, quantities, numeral recognition): 1-10
- Observation skills (spot the difference)
- Letters: upper and lower case letters A-Z
- Memory: reveal bugs behind leaves and match each pair from memory
- Problem solving: build a spider web that will catch all 10 flies
- Vocabulary: butterfly, snail, spider, worm, ladybug, beetle, firefly, grasshopper, mosquito, dragonfly, moth, bumblebee, praying mantis, wasp, honeycomb, magnifying glass, ant, flea, tick, web, hive, shell, leaf, antenna, soil, abdomen, segments, and many other nature words
Grandma Loves Bugs also includes a number of educational features, including:
- Ten educational mini-games.
- Eight narrated videos of real bugs in nature.
- Fun interactive add-ins: find bug on Grandma, caterpillar eats leaves, bug under magnifying glass
- Colorful graphics, professional-quality music, sound effects and voices
- Dancing, animated Grandma.
- Adults can select which mini-games are active.
- Developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents. Tested by children.
- Universal app, optimized for iPhone 5 and iPad with Retina display.
"Kids love to explore the world, including all the creepy-crawlies in the backyard. We wanted to create a fun game that would help kids learn all about bugs, while embedding kindergarten through first grade curriculum elements," said Constance Bossert, Co-Founder of Raleigh-based Fairlady Media.
The Grandma Loves Bugs App is available for a launch price of $.99 (thereafter, $1.99) from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://appstore.com/apps/grandmalovesbugs.
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Fairlady Media is a privately held company founded in 2009 by husband and wife team James and Constance Bossert. Leveraging their longtime experience in development, marketing and UI design concepts, the company produces and publishes interactive media for a variety of technology platforms, with a focus on specializing in the development of mobile games for the iPhone platform. Fairlady Media has created 18 games for the iPhone and iPod touch with over a million downloads and counting. For more information, visit http://www.fairladymedia.com or http://www.fairladymedia.com/products/grandma-loves-bugs/.