(PRWEB) October 31, 2013
Spiritual Quest is launching our long-awaited Mystics of Ladakh Tour. This is a spiritual tour designed to explore the rich Ladakhi culture where magic weaves its way into everyday life.
Ladakh, or ‘Little Tibet’, treads the ancient path of Tibetan Buddhism and maintains the tradition of consulting spirits embodied by local monks once a year on personal, business and agricultural matters at the Winter Festival of The Oracles.
This tour is designed to enlighten people from other cultures and increase their awareness of life in all its myriad of forms.
During the festival, two oracles from the Matho monastery, who have been meditating in isolation for an entire month, will make a public appearance and enter into a state of trance. These oracles are chosen once every three years and are considered to be very special.
During the trance, the Rongsten Karmar divinity takes possession of the monks’ bodies, instructing them to share sacred religious prophecies and give blessings to remove obstacles. Whilst blindfolded, the monks also perform amazing feats such as running over high-rise monasteries, executing acrobatic moves and jumping from one balcony to the next.
6th March to 19th March 2014
Leh, Ladakh, India
The activities include the following:
· A local Shamanic healing session
· Two Tibetan Oracle Festivals
· Learning a powerful Tibetan Buddhist practice from a Tibetan Master (based on the deity Green Tara, the Mother of all Buddhas)
· Sharing meals with welcoming local families in their traditional homes
· Attending a talk with an expert in the Oracle tradition
· Attending the Holi Festival in Delhi where the people of India celebrate Lord Krishna by covering each other in colored dust
· A day trip to the exquisite Taj Mahal (optional extra)
Cost - $3800 (Flights not included).
To book visit http://www.spiritualquestadventures.com/ladakh-tour/.
We are a small, locally based, spiritually focussed travel company with a difference. Running tours to Dharamsala & Ladakh, India, we help the Tibetan community in exile & the Ladakhi people by bringing them work and donating to local community charities. We are also dedicated to bringing people in the west the opportunity to generate greater peace in their busy lives by learning mediation from Tibetan masters, attending teachings by the Dalai Lama at his monastery & experiencing ancient cultures far removed from the Western norm.