Park City, UT (PRWEB) October 30, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on buying health benefits.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, for health insurance agents, brokers, and consultants, the small business market -- approached correctly with the right health benefits solutions -- has formidable buying power.
When it comes to buying health benefits small businesses have unique characteristics that influence their decision making process. These buying characteristics are both similar and different to a larger business's buying process.
Here are five ways small businesses buy health benefits, in comparison to larger businesses.
- Small businesses usually have a tighter focus on their budget than larger businesses.
- Similar to larger organizations, small businesses value personal relationships.
- A small business's buying process is usually less complex than in larger organizations, and they often make faster decisions.
- Even if a small business says they have a set health benefits budget, they are much more fluid and flexible with their budgets than with larger businesses.
- Referrals and word-of-mouth carry a lot of weight with small businesses.
Because of these characteristics of small businesses, health insurance brokers will have the most success when they shift away from "just selling" and into a consultative role.
One of the first ways to do this is to understand the small business's unique challenges. A small business may present a challenge or need, but what is the true challenge? Likewise, because a small business can have a shorter or more straight forward buying process, ask questions to understand where the prospect is in their buying process, and who the decision makers are.
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHealth") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.