Encinitas, CA (PRWEB) October 31, 2013
Several of the world's most prominent scientists, researchers, clinicians and nutritionists will be speaking about the magnitude and dangers of gluten-related disorders, such as celiac disease and gluten sensitivity, from November 11-17, 2013, for the first-ever Gluten Summit: 'A Grain of Truth'. This event is free, online and intended for health practitioners, patients, caregivers and others interested in improving the lives of those living with gluten-related disorders. Please visit http://www.theglutensummit.com for details, including free event registration, speaker biographies and the presentation schedule.
Dr. Tom O’Bryan, founder of theDr.com, announced the official schedule for The Gluten Summit today. O’Bryan is the host for the event. As the "Sherlock Holmes" for chronic disease and metabolic disorders, he is an internationally recognized speaker and workshop leader specializing in gluten-related disorders. He is also a trained chiropractor, certified clinical nutritionist, board certified by the American College of Clinical Nutrition, on the advisory board of the National Association of Nutritional Professionals, and on the scientific advisory committees of the International and American Associations of Clinical Nutritionists. (Please visit http://www.theDr.com to learn more about Dr. O’Bryan.)
The purpose of "A Grain of Truth: The Gluten Summit" is to move the conversation about gluten-related disorders between healthcare professionals and patients forward by many years. It often takes up to 17 years for groundbreaking research to reach local practice, and it is imperative for health that we sooner ask, "Is gluten the cause?" The summit will serve as a resource and reference for professionals and patients alike, providing answers to questions that have not yet permeated standard healthcare. Total expected online attendance for this free, worldwide event is 250,000.
"A Grain of Truth: The Gluten Summit" will be held online over a 7-day period. Dr. O’Bryan will sit down with each of the 29 renowned speakers to ask them questions about their areas of expertise. Each day, 3-4 interviews will be available on demand for a 24-hour period.
"There were a couple of basic, fundamental health problems that I saw in the medical office everyday, so I knew I had to start researching whether gluten was the cause," said O’Bryan. "And, I learned that gluten sensitivity, with or without celiac disease, is extremely prevalent. Yet, many people don’t have a clear understanding of its frequency or how it can manifest. The Gluten Summit will help doctors and patients get up to date so more can ask, ‘Is gluten the cause?’"
Speakers at "A Grain of Truth: The Gluten Summit" include:
- Michael Marsh, MD, DSC, FRCP, "Father" of Celiac Morphology
- Loren Cordain, PhD, "Godfather" of the Paleo Diet
- JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFS, Best-selling author of "The Virgin Diet"
- Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, MMedSci, Creator of the GAPS Diet
- Alessio Fasano, MD, Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition at Mass General Hospital for Children
- Cynthia Kupper, RD, Executive Director of the Gluten Intolerance Group
- Mark Hyman, MD, Chairman of the Institute of Functional Medicine
- Daniel Amen, MD, Author of "The Amen Solution"
- Suzy Cohen, RPh, "America’s Pharmacist"
- Peter Osborne, DC, CNCB, Founder of GlutenFreeSociety.org
- Sayer Ji, Founder of GreenMedInfo.com
- Nora Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT, Author of "Primal Body, Primal Mind"
- Jaqui Karr, CSN, CVD, Nutritionist and Lifestyle Expert
- Dave Asprey, Writer of The Bulletproof Exec Blog
- Tom Malterre, MS, CN, Co-owner of Whole Life Nutrition
- William Davis, MD, Best-selling author of "Wheat Belly"
- Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN, CHN, Owner of Innovative Healing, Inc.
- Rodney Ford, MD, MB, BS, FRACP, Food Allergy Expert
- Erica Kasuli, MS, RD, CDN, Director of Nutrition at Amen Clinics
- Andrew Keech, PhD, Author of "Peptide Immunotherapy: Colostrum a Physician's Reference Guide"
- Mark Houston, MD, MS, ABAARM, FACP, FAHA, FASH, Assoc. Clinical Prof of Medicine at Vanderbilt University
- Marios Hadjivassiliou, MD, Educational Associate, Association for Historical Dialogue & Research
- Yehuda Shoenfeld, MD, FRCP, Head of Zabludowicz Center for Autoimmune Diseases, Sheba Medical Center
- David Perlmutter, MD, FACN, ABIHM, President, Perlmutter Health Center
- Deanna Minich, PhD, FACN, CNS, Nutrition and Health Expert
- Jeffrey Smith, Founder, Institute of Responsible Technology
- Umberto Volta, MD, Director of Coeliac Disease Simple Unit, St.Orsola-Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Italy
- Aristo Vojdani, PhD, MSc, MT, Chief Scientific Advisor, Cyrex Laboratories
About Dr. O’Bryan and theDr.com
Dr. Thomas O'Bryan is an Internationally recognized speaker and workshop leader specializing in gluten-related, chronic and metabolic disorders. He is a clinician par excellence in treating chronic disease and metabolic disorders from a functional medicine perspective. theDr.com is the online presence for Dr. O’Bryan.