Bury, Lancashire (PRWEB UK) 31 October 2013
From the 28th October 2013, customers will be able to send items such as clothing, shoes and small electrical items through its new deeper Small Parcel format measuring 350mm x 250mm x 160mm.
Following customer feedback and a public consultation, Royal Mail has decided to enable customers to post a greater range of items through its Small Parcels format. Customers will be able to send items such as clothing, shoes and small electrical items through its new deeper small parcel format measuring 350mm x 250mm x 160mm.
The change applies to consumers, small non-contract business and franking customers. The new small parcel size will be in addition to the existing wider small parcel format measuring up to 450mm x 350mm x 80mm. The price change will ensure Royal Mail offers the cheapest price in the market for shoe box size parcels of up to 1kg in weight.
Andrew Parmenter, Marketing Manager from The Mailing Room commented, “ This is fantastic news for franking machine users and following feedback from our customers, this will benefit lots of businesses who rely on the Royal Mail to send their parcels. With the boom in home shopping, franking machine users who send small parcels will continue to grow over the coming years and particular in the lead up to the Christmas period.
The Mailing Room will continue to support the Royal Mail’s initiatives to support businesses that use franking to leverage the best possible postage discounts available.”
For more information on the benefits of sending small parcels through a franking machine, please contact The Mailing Room on 0800 0192 033 or visit http://www.themailingroom.com.
Who are The Mailing Room?
- Established in 1998, The Mailing Room are the largest independent franking machine supplier in the UK
- Small enough to care big enough to cope - have over 7,000 customers ranging from small businesses through to public sector & commercial organisations such as HMRC, BOC, Jewson, NHS, etc.
- Are dedicated to excellent customer service, with each of The Mailing Room team empowered to making your experience with ourselves of the highest standard
- Provide best of breed franking & mailing equipment and services from a range of suppliers including Pitney Bowes, FrancoTyp Postalia and Neopost providing a ‘one stop shop’
- Dedicated account management who providing expertise & knowledge on the postal industry to support your future business decisions
- Cost reduction experts – key business driver is to ensure customers drive down their costs, whilst not compromising functionality or requirements
For more information, please contact Andrew Parmenter on 0161 797 7778 or visit http://www.themailingroom.com.