U.S. Hiring Foreign Service Security Protective Specialist to Work in High Threat Posts

Share Article

Does providing protection for State Department officials and employees at overseas high-threat locations sound like your type of challenge?

Adventure, Protection, Serving Your Country

The Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, is seeking applicants to serve in the Foreign Service at U.S. embassies, consulates and regional offices abroad. While college level studies are desirable, the minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma or GED.

The Bureau of Diplomatic Security is the law enforcement and security division of the US Department of State. Security Protective Specialists will undergo 22 weeks of training in the use of firearms, physical fitness, personal defensive tactics, driving skills, and protective security techniques

Security Protective Specialists may drive lead or principal’s vehicle, provide body protection while principals are walking. Specialists carry and operate weapons and other equipment required in protective operations. Maintaining a skill level in firearms and other protective equipment is required. On top of base pay Security Protective Specialists may be eligible for Danger Pay, Tax-Free Housing Overseas, and Overtime. If this type of adventure is of interest to you, visit http://www.golawenforcement.com/protect.htm.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Joseph Libowsky
Visit website