The Cheltenham Festival's Gold Cup Day is difficult to beat for a special event - unless you go on the Orient Express Northern Belle.
Chippenham, Wiltshire, UK (PRWEB UK) 31 October 2013
The Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup Day is a highlight of the British jump race calendar; getting there on the Orient Express Northern Belle from Train Chartering makes this an event not to be missed.
The Orient-Express Northern Belle embodies the distinctive opulence and craftsmanship associated with the classic ‘Belle’ trains of the 1930’s.
Travel on the Northern Belle luxury train to the Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup Day includes the following:
- A welcoming Bellini served with three-course brunch on the outward journey;
- Full cash bar to purchase drinks on board;
- Transfers between station and racecourse both ways;
- Club admission badge into Cheltenham Racecourse;
- A welcoming glass of champagne & canapés served on boarding in the evening;
- Four-course dinner served with half a bottle of selected wine per person;
- Hostesses and Event Managers in attendance to ensure the smooth running of the event;
This whole day, with all these extras, costs £499 plus VAT per person.
Simon Pielow of Train Chartering says, "The Cheltenham Festival's Gold Cup Day is difficult to better as a day out - unless you go on the Orient Express Northern Belle."
Here is the event itinerary of the Cheltenham Festival Gold Cup Day on the Northern Belle (please note that timings are provisional until the confirmed timetable is announced):
08:00 The Northern Belle departs London station; Bellini and brunch.
11:30 Arrival at Cheltenham Spa Station. Transfer by coach to the racecourse.
13:30 Programme of first class National Hunt racing begins.
17:15 Last race
18:30 Transfer by coach to Cheltenham Spa Station.
19:15 Northern Belle departs Cheltenham Spa; champagne and 4-course dinner.
22:30 Arrival in London.
Dress Code for the Cheltenham Festival
Many guests like to take the opportunity to dress smartly, however attire at the racecourse is more relaxed. We recommend that ladies wear smart day wear; please note hats are optional. Jacket and tie or suit is suggested for gentlemen.
About Train Chartering
Train Chartering hires out trains and carriages for many purposes, from association travel, film locations, to corporate hospitality, incentive travel, VIP travel and train journeys in the UK, Europe, USA and worldwide. Operating for over 13 years, we work with very small groups (such as for luxury train travel) as well as transporting over 1000 in a day to large events such as conferences.
1. Photos of the train, with interior shots, here.
2. Information about the 2014 Cheltenham Festival are here.
3. Train Chartering’s other products include:
a. The Luxury Train Club for other journeys on the Northern Belle;
b. World Train Travel– travel agents book and pay for luxury, tourist and special trains;
c. Train Hire – the low cost charter train and large group travel option;
d. Private Rail Cars – the ultimate in luxurious travel, in privacy and security.