Macrae & Dick Toyota are delighted to support Highland Birchwoods with their Mountain Woodland Restoration Project
Macrae & Dick Toyota, through the Toyota Fund for a Better Tomorrow, are delighted to support the work of Highland Birchwoods with their Mountain Woodlands Restoration Project. The money provided will go towards the purchase and planting of 500,000 native Scottish trees.
Inverness, UK (PRWEB UK) 4 November 2013
Macrae & Dick Toyota, through the Toyota Fund for a Better Tomorrow, are delighted to support the work of Highland Birchwoods with their Mountain Woodlands Restoration Project. The funding will assist with the planting of 500,000 native trees throughout the area.
The Mountain Woodland Project is aimed at the conservation of an extremely rare habitat in Scotland. Mountain woodlands occur between the timberline (the altitude above which trees can no longer be grown commercially) and the scrubline (the altitude where shrubs can no longer survive) and are an important part of our natural heritage. These areas have been in decline for a number of decades and include well-known species such as Scots pine, rowan and juniper.
Billy Bodles, Project Manager, Highland Birchwoods said, "With this support from Macrae & Dick and the Toyota Fund for a Better Tomorrow, we can plant these important species and ensure the continuing existence of threatened flora and fauna in our mountainous regions."
Sandy Mackenzie, Centre Principle, Macrae & Dick Toyota said, "We are delighted to support Highland Birchwoods with this project and be involved in the conservation of a very important area of our landscape."
Macrae & Dick Toyota will also be assisting the project with the loan of a Toyota Hilux for some of their planting weekends.
The Mountain Woodland Project will also be involving community groups in planting and nursery initiatives and will be developing adult training courses and youth focused educational courses.
Notes to the Editor
- Established in 1878, Macrae & Dick Limited has always had an association with the car industry. It is one of the longest established dealers in Scotland. With dealerships in Inverness, Elgin, Aberdeen, Perth and Stirling, Macrae & Dick employs over 450 people within the region. We are proud to have the franchises for Ford, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Toyota and Mazda and under the Menzies brand BMW and MINI (in Stirling).
- Macrae & Dick work exclusively within the retail motor industry and related fields. They have workshops and outlets that provide service, parts and body repair work. These include retail and wholesale parts operations and the supply of parts for all makes of cars and vans. With an accident repair centre in Inverness, ‘Hi-Tech’ which is an accredited ARC centre and offers accident management for all types of vehicles.
- The group also has four fast fit centres based in Inverness, Elgin, Perth and Stirling trading under the ‘Rapid Fit’ banner, together with the Budget Car Rental franchise based in Inverness offering car and van rental at competitive prices.
- For further information on Macrae & Dick Limited, visit the website.
- Mountain Woodlands project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Memorial Fund. For more information on Highland Birchwoods: http://www.highlandbirchwoods.co.uk/.
For media enquiries, please contact: Jennifer Macdonald-Nethercott, Senior Marketing Executive, Macrae & Dick Ltd 01463 230430.