We are proud to honor the outstanding commitment and accomplishments of this year’s field of nominees,” said Kathleen Ives, D.M., Acting Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, The Sloan Consortium.
Newburyport, MA (PRWEB) November 04, 2013
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) announced today it will present its 2013 Effective Practice Awards on Nov. 21, at the 19th Annual Sloan Consortium International Conference on Online Learning, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
The Sloan-C Effective Practice Awards recognize and honor innovation in online learning. The award recipients have demonstrated leadership in advancing the goals of access, learning effectiveness, faculty and student satisfaction, and scalability.
“We are proud to honor the outstanding commitment and accomplishments of this year’s field of nominees,” said Kathleen Ives, D.M., Acting Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, The Sloan Consortium. “Through innovative practice, they have demonstrated their dedication to advancing online education.”
The recipients of Sloan-C’s 2013 Effective Practice Awards are:
Quality Scorecard Effective Practices Award Winners
- 2013 Sloan-C Quality Scorecard Effective Practice Award
- Using the Quality Scorecard to Meet Accreditation Standards at Texas State University
- School of Library and Information Science - San Jose State University
2013 Sloan-C Effective Practice Awards
- A Multimedia-Rich Platform to Enhance Student Engagement and Learning in an Online Environment
- Conditional Release Technologies for Management Education
- The Relationship Between Best Online Instructional Practices and Undergraduate Student Perceptions of Instructor Credibility at a Large, Four-Year, Public, Open University
- Blended Delivery of Apprenticeship Training: Bringing Learners Together Through Technology
- Blended Education: A Case Study at the University of Central Oklahoma (UCO)
- Multiuser Blogging as an Educational Innovation
- International Collaboration with Virtual Internships
- APUS Online Learning Contact Hour Calculator: An Adaptive Model for Calculating Contact Hours
- Enhancing Faculty Development Through Integrating the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository
- Assessing the Effectiveness of Online Educator Preparation
Quality Scorecard Effective Practice Review Committee
- Karen Pedersen, Associate Vice President for Extended Campuses, Northern Arizona University
- Lisa Holstrom, Managing Director, Midwest, Academic Partnerships
- George Saltsman, Abilene Christian University, Executive Director of the Task Force for Innovation in Learning and Educational Technology
The Sloan-C Effective Practice Awards Selection Committee members are:
- Dr. Angela M. Gibson, Director, First Year Experience, and Instructor, American Public University System
- Dr. Laurie G. Hillstock, Director of Distance Education, University of South Carolina – Upstate
- Phil Ice, Ed.D., VP, Research & Development, American Public University System
- Dr. Kaye Shelton, Associate Professor, Educational Leadership Center for Doctoral Studies, Lamar University
- Witt Salley, Director of Clemson Online, Clemson University
- Shari Smith, e-Education Facilitator, Professional Science Master's Program, Rice University
- Sandra Coswatte, Director of the Sloan-C Institute, The Sloan Consortium, Non-voting committee chair.
Details about the awards are available at http://sloanconsortium.org/effective.
The Sloan Consortium is now accepting submissions through December 30, 2103 for the next Effective Practice Awards. The awards focus on integrating new technologies into the online classroom and winners will be recognized at the 7th Annual Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium, April 9-11, 2014 at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel in Dallas, Texas. For more information, please visit http://sloanconsortium.org/effective.
About the Conference
The 2013 Sloan-C International Conference on Online Learning is the premier global gathering focused on online learning. It is a forum for approaching the complex issues and opportunities that face all concerned with the future of students, faculty, and institutions. The theme for this year’s conference is “Online Learning: A Universe of Opportunities.” Details, including speakers, program and registration, are available at http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/aln/welcome.
The Sloan Consortium is an institutional and professional leadership organization dedicated to integrating online education into the mainstream of higher education, helping institutions and individual educators improve the quality, scale and breadth of education. Membership in the Sloan Consortium provides knowledge, practice, community and direction for educators. Originally funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Sloan-C is now a non-profit member sustained organization. Join with Sloan-C to lead higher education in meeting social needs for affordable access, quality innovations and teaching and learning excellence. For more information, visit http://www.sloanconsortium.org.