Chapel Hill, N.C. (PRWEB) November 04, 2013
The University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School honored eight award winners at its 15th annual Alumni Association Awards ceremony Nov. 1, 2013.
The awards recognize members of the UNC Kenan-Flagler community who personify the core values of excellence, leadership, integrity, community, and teamwork – qualities for which the School is known.
“The success of our alumni is an honor to the School and the faculty and staff who played a part in their education,” said John P. (Jack) Evans, interim dean of UNC Kenan-Flagler. “These awards celebrate alumni who have distinguished themselves through their careers, their contributions to the broader community, and their service to UNC Kenan-Flagler. We recognize them as role models for the graduates who will follow.”
Three Alumni Association Awards were presented:
- Steven D. Bell (AB ‘67) of Greensboro, N.C., founder of Bell Partners, received the Business School Leadership Award for exceptional achievement in a career field, personal endeavor or service to UNC Kenan-Flagler.
- Rolf K. Hoffmann (MBA ‘87) of Westlake Village, Calif., senior vice president and head of U.S. commercial operations for Amgen, received the Global Leadership Award for global participation and initiative to advance the School’s education, research and public service mission.
- Phaedra Boinodiris (AB ‘94, MBA ‘08) of Cary, N.C., global serious games/gamification program manager at IBM, received the Outstanding Young Alumni Award for leadership in career accomplishments and exceptional commitment to the School.
Five honorees received Alumni Merit Awards, given by UNC Kenan-Flagler’s degree programs to alumni who personify the School’s tradition of excellence. They are:
- H. Kel Landis III (BSBA ‘79, MBA ‘82) of Raleigh, N.C., co-founder and partner at Plexus Capital, bachelor of science in business administration award
- Jeffrey A. Allred (AB ‘76, MBA ‘80, JD ‘80) of Atlanta, Ga., partner at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, master of business administration award
- Cam Patterson (EMBA ‘08) of Chapel Hill, chief of the division of cardiology at UNC Hospitals and associate dean of medical entrepreneurship at UNC, executive master of business administration award
- Coleman D. Ross (BSBA ‘65) of Chapel Hill, independent insurance companies director and former national leader of insurance practice at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, master of accounting award
- William D. Perreault (BSBA ‘70, PhD ‘73) of Chapel Hill, William R. Kenan Distinguished Professor of Marketing at UNC Kenan-Flagler, PhD award
About the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary, real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business (BSBA), full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.