(PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Bellucci Premium recaps 10 reasons why olive oil is beneficial for you and why it should be included in your diet.
According to an article published by the Daily Meal on November 4th titled “10 Reasons Why Olive Oil is Good for You,” the Mediterranean diet has become one of the most popular diets due to its health benefits. Since olive oil is one of the main ingredients in the diet, it is important to look into the effects it has on an individual’s health.
The article shares these 10 reasons why olive oil is good for you:
- It is an anti-inflammatory: Olive oil contains a natural pain reducer so it can help fight off minor pain such as headaches.
- Lowers blood pressure: The presence of oleic acid and polyphenols helps lower blood pressure and the risk of hypertension.
- Helps cognitive function: Consuming olive oil can help prevent cognitive diseases such as dementia and lower the risk of developing depression.
- Calcium booster: “Olive oil improves bone mineralization and calcification and therefore helps your body absorb more calcium efficiently,” says the article.
- Good cholesterol: The monounsaturated fats in olive oil are healthy for you. They help maintain the body’s good cholesterol levels while fighting off bad cholesterol.
- Helps those with diabetes: The article says, “While a diet low in carbohydrates is recommended for those with diabetes in order to keep their blood sugar levels low, more and more researchers are finding that consuming more olive oil can do this, as well.”
- Fights cancer- The phytochemical properties in olive oil can help fight cancers, such as breast cancer.
- Heart healthy- An olive oil rich diet can help keep the heart healthy due to its monounsaturated fat content.
- Boosts the immune system: Extra virgin olive oil contains antioxidants, vitamin E and vitamin K, which can help protect the body and immune system.
- Fat burner: According to the article, “While olive oil is known to be high in fats, it’s important to remember that they’re healthy, monounsaturated fats, which can help the body break down and eliminate stored fat and excess weight.”
“It is important to understand all of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil,” says Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Bellucci Premium. “Not only is olive oil heart healthy, but it can also help lower the risk of many diseases. Olive oil tastes great and is a versatile ingredient that can be incorporated into any cuisine or diet.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.