"Sergio Ramos, our manager, is the only tequila sommelier in the Northeast and he loves to share his knowledge of tequila and great Mexican cuisine which I know will be a treat for our guests," said Shannon Bard, Executive Chef and Owner of Zapoteca.
Portland, Maine (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Chef Shannon Bard and Tequila Sommelier, Sergio Ramos are at it again with another great Tequila Dinner planned for November at Zapoteca restaurant in Portland, Maine on November 18 at 6:30 p.m. The five-course dinner will be paired with several varieties of Patron, the award-winning tequila that has been recognized with many awards including the "Five Star Diamond" award by the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
The five-course menu includes:
- The first course, Gordita Dorada con Huevo de Cordoniz, Golden Quail Egg Gordita, House Made Mexican Chorizo, Frisee, Queso Fresco, Smoked Red Chile Sauce paired with Zapoteca's specialty cranberry sage margarita.
- The second course is Sopa del Calabaza Oaxaquena. Oaxacan and Orange Spiced Pumpkin Soup, Chocolate Chile Bolillo Crisp. This course will be paired with Patron Silver.
- The third course Cielo- Pato Magret en Mole de Higo. Pan Seared Duck Breast, Fig--Nut Mole, Blind Tamale and Crisp Greens paired with Patron Reposado.
- The fourth course is, Tierra, Duo de Venado, Chile Rubbed Venison, House Made Venison Sausage, Oaxacan Red Mole, Huitlacoche Flan, Grilled Mushrooms and paired with Patron Anejo.
- The fifth course is dessert and will be Pudin de Canela which is canela bread pudding with ancho caramel sauce and spiced whipped cream paired with Gran Patron Platinum.
"Sergio Ramos, our manager, is the only tequila sommelier in the Northeast and has completed the first phase of tequila expert class 'T' certification by the Tequila Regulatory Council of Mexico and is endorsed by the association of tequila from Mexico. He loves to share his knowledge of tequila and great Mexican cuisine which I know will be a treat for our guests," said Shannon Bard, Executive Chef and Owner of Zapoteca.
Tickets are $75 for the tequila dinner and seats are limited so please call the restaurant today to make your reservation at 207-772-8242.
About Mixteca &Zapoteca
Executive Chef Shannon Bard and her husband Tom Bard opened their first restaurant, Zapoteca Restaurante Y Tequileria, in Portland, Maine in 2011. The mission of Zapoteca is to take deep-rooted, vibrantly flavored Mexican dishes, use a combination of modern and old world cooking techniques and present dishes in a truly unique way.
Growing up in Oklahoma, Shannon Bard and her family would sit together and enjoy large meals prepared by her grandmother and mother. Shannon would join them in the kitchen and spend hours making vibrantly flavored meals prepared from scratch.
Meanwhile, her father and grandfather, both small farmers, imparted lessons on seasonal produce and the hard work and dedication farmers put into each and every crop.
These early influences inspired Shannon to attend culinary school. Following her training at the Culinary Institute of America in San Antonio, Texas, Shannon, her husband Tom Bard and long-time friend Sergio Ramos opened Zapoteca Restaurante Y Tequileria.
Mixteca, their second restaurant, opened in Durham, New Hampshire earlier this year. For more information on the restaurants please visit http://www.zapotecarestaurant.com.
Angie Helton, Northeast Media Associates