Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Fuchs North America, a leading supplier of seasonings, flavor systems and taste solutions to the food manufacturing and foodservice industries, introduces its Fall Harvest Collection – a new line of six distinctive seasonings and mixes specially created for cold-weather dining and cuisine.
These items are also the starting point for developing unique custom product offerings for food service customers, as well as processed food products for the grocery and retail food segments.
Included in Fuchs’ new Fall Harvest Collection are the following items:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Mix – A sweet-and-creamy soup mix made from brown sugar, molasses and other ingredients that also provides a surprise hint of zesty ancho chili. It makes the perfect hot soup for lunch or a dinner first course.
- Mountain Meat Rub – A vigorous blend of spices and herbs including basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, garlic and smoked paprika, coupled with olive oil flavoring to create a concoction that really draws out the flavor of hearty meats – even wild game.
- Big & Bold Beef Gravy Mix – This traditional demi-glace is the ideal accompaniment for roasted meats. Simply add the mix, red wine and water to pan drippings for a foolproof gravy that has great flavor and complements the meat beautifully.
- Seasonal Sage Stuffing Mix – Dress up traditional stuffing with this jaunty mix that contains just the right combination of sage, thyme, celery seed, garlic and other ingredients. Add bread cubes, chicken stock and beaten egg for perfect in-the-bird stuffing or stuffed pork chops.
- Autumn Poultry Gravy Mix – Ideal for turkey, chicken, duckling and other fowl, this easy pan gravy mix delivers full-bodied flavors from thyme, sage, black pepper and other ingredients. Added to pan drippings, it creates the perfect gravy in just minutes.
- Classic Compote – A sensational way to dress up fall harvest fruits including apples, cranberries, raisins and walnuts, this compote mix is a delightful blend of allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and other ingredients. Serve it as a delicious condiment during dinner … or create a memorable dessert item such as cobbler (or simply spoon over ice cream).
According to Howard Cantor, Fuchs North America’s corporate research chef, the new Fall Harvest Collection builds on classic cuisine but adds some unique twists.
“In the American agrarian tradition, the onset of the cold-weather season is synonymous with bringing in the harvest, and of ‘family, hearth and home.’ Some of our country’s most cherished recipes and meals come out of this tradition. Our Fall Harvest Collection honors that tradition, while offering some interesting new variations,” Cantor reported.
“Take our Mountain Meat Rub, for example. It’s bold and hearty – perfect not only for beef but also for bison, venison and other wild game. Our inspiration for creating this and the other items in the Fall Harvest Collection is to offer a new twist on traditional recipes. That way, meals served for fall holiday gatherings at home or eaten out at dining establishments need never be routine,” Cantor added.
According to Patrick Laughlin, Director of Marketing, the process by which Fuchs North America develops new seasonings, mixes and flavors is both a science and an art. “We pay very close attention to evolving consumer taste preferences, but we also experiment with many combinations of flavors,” he noted.
“We want to help our food manufacturing customers lead the way when it comes to new taste sensations – to be distinct, not just like everyone else,” Laughlin added.
Laughlin reported that Fuchs North America’s approach is to work with customers “to go from concept to manufacturing to delivery” of an approved flavor quickly.
“Because we have a wide range of flavor bases at-the-ready, we can provide samples for immediate testing. Then we work with each customer to customize and refine the flavor to attain just the right taste characteristics they’re seeking,” Laughlin stated.
Laughlin reported that the development process from concepting to delivery can happen in a matter of a few weeks – or even just days. “That’s a huge benefit when customers are under tight product development timeframes.” he said.
For more information about Fuchs North America’s new Fall Harvest Collection or to request samples, contact Patrick Laughlin, Director of Marketing, at 443-544-1228 or plaughlin (at) fuchsnorthamerica (dot) com. You may also visit http://www.fuchsna.com.
About Fuchs North America
Fuchs North America is a leading producer and supplier of value-added seasonings, spices and flavor systems to the food manufacturing and foodservice industries. With a heritage that extends back to 1939 as Baltimore Spice Company, the firm specializes in the development of full flavor systems, custom flavor profiles and seasoning products – including supporting some of the world’s largest and best-recognized food brands.
Fuchs North America’s seasoning specialists are experts in anticipating and identifying consumer trends, and converting them into successful flavor profiles. They work closely with food technologists and product development personnel at client companies to design distinctive, differentiated flavor systems. Fuchs products are made in a precision processing environment that ensures consistent, repeatable quality, order to order.
Since 1990, Fuchs North America has been part of the worldwide Fuchs Group, the largest privately-held spice and seasoning company in the industry. The Fuchs Group serves food manufacturing, foodservice and retail segments, backed by secure, quality sourcing plus state-of-the-art production facilities on four continents.