McLean, VA (PRWEB) November 07, 2013
The Alliance for Women in Media (AWM) is pleased to announce that the Women Who Represent event has sold out. An elite group of women who govern, influence and inform will be honored at the 2013 Women Who Represent Breakfast on November 14, 2013, in Washington, D.C. During this exclusive, at-capacity event, AWM will celebrate the accomplishments and impact of dedicated women who help shape the political and media landscape nationally and globally.
“AWM is thrilled by the positive response to Women Who Represent, and we look forward to welcoming our honorees and guests to a full house next week,” said Kay Olin, AWM Chair. “We are proud to recognize women who make a difference through advocacy, policy and industry outreach.”
As women take their seat – and increasingly, seats – at the political table, women are also increasingly covering our political news. Today's omnipresent media and never-ending news stream allows for a wide spectrum in terms of both information and views, and women journalists are front and center. At the same time, women have increased their influence and clout in Washington D.C. and beyond.
From an historic female FCC Chairwoman, to women in key advisory and lobbying positions at a number of major media companies and influential organizations, AWM’s Women Who Represent are (in alphabetical order):
- Meredith A. Baker, Senior Vice President, NBCUniversal Government Relations
- Danielle Carrig, Senior Vice President of Publicity and Public Affairs, Lifetime
- Mignon Clyburn, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Kelly Cole, Executive Vice President, Government Relations, National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
- Candy Crowley, Chief Political Correspondent and Anchor, CNN
- Susan Fox, Vice President of Government Relations, The Walt Disney Company
- Kimberly Hulsey, Vice President Legal and Government Affairs, Scripps Networks Interactive Inc.
- Hazel-Ann Mayers, SVP, Assistant General Counsel, Litigation and Chief Compliance Officer, CBS Corporation
- Susan Page, Washington Bureau Chief, USA Today
- Martha Raddatz, Chief Global Affairs Correspondent, ABC News
- Jessica Rosenworcel, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Alexa Verveer, Senior Vice President Public Policy, Corporate & Government Affairs, Discovery
The November 14, 2013 Women Who Represent Breakfast is made possible through the generous support of the following sponsors: Platinum: National Association of Broadcasters; Gold: CBS Corporation; Silver: Bright House Networks, Comcast | NBCUniversal, Discovery Communications, Disney | ABC Television Group, Lifetime, National Cable Telecommunications Association, Scripps Networks Interactive, USA Today – A Gannett Company, and Venable LLP; Friends of AWM: Covington & Burling, Ford Motor Company and Wiley Rein LLP.
For more information, visit http://www.allwomeninmedia.org.