The Altec DRM12 Chipper is comparable to other products on the market. The large 12″ x 17″ feed roller opening improves productivity by allowing more material to be fed into the chipper without the need of trimming.
(PRWEB) November 06, 2013
Altec Industries Inc., announces the release of the Altec DRM12 Chipper. The newly designed 12″ capacity control-feed drum chipper features a 20″ pivot-style feed roller that replaces the two 9″ feed rollers on the existing CFD1217 and boasts a feed rate of 111 fpm.
Features of the Altec DRM12 Chipper include:
- Hydraulic valve for increased drum speed control to prevent engine shut off and improved operator efficiency
- Elimination of the bottom debris clean out port, resulting in less operator maintenance and a cleaner work site
- Electronic feed system made by Altec Controls allows for more precise control of the feed process and quicker response time in engine regulation. This maximizes production and allows the engine to operate in an optimum range.
- Transport length of 14′ 8″ allows for ease of towing and good visibility when backing
Altec Industries Inc., is dedicated to continuous improvement of products and services. These additional standard features will bring value and ease of use to Altec customers.
- Rear jack attachment point allows for easy tire change using the tongue jack
- Hand crank allows the user to adjust the discharge chute height and can rotate the discharge chute 360 degrees
- The patented Altec Panic Bar system is designed to provide operators a dedicated stop mechanism for the feed system independent of the feed control bar. It is operational from three sides and available in green or red.
The Altec DRM12 Chipper is comparable to other products on the market. The large 12″ x 17″ feed roller opening improves productivity by allowing more material to be fed into the chipper without the need of trimming. While others offer two engine options, the DRM12 has three engine options: 74HP Kubota – 18 gal diesel, 84HP Kubota – 18 gal diesel, and 89HP GM – 18 gal gas.
Altec Chippers are engineered, manufactured and assembled all in one location, allowing our direct sales team to offer you top-notch chipper expertise and product support. Our Altec Service Group has 18 Service Centers located throughout the United States, skilled FPS-certified mobile service technicians and 24 hour emergency support via on-call technicians. Altec also offers wood chipper device training through our Altec Sentry Program featuring wood chipper daily unit inspection, job briefing, PPE and brush preparation and unit setup and operation.
Altec is a leading equipment and service provider for the electric utility, telecommunications, contractor, lights and signs, and tree care markets. The company provides products and services in more than 100 countries throughout the world.