Cleveland's no joke!
Cleveland, Ohio (PRWEB) November 08, 2013
Many like to say that the laughs keep on coming and that’s especially true for the Sixth Annual Cleveland Comedy Festival. This year’s comedy celebration will include more shows and venues than ever before. “Cleveland, Ohio has more laughs per capita than any other city in the United States,” said Cleveland Comedy Festival co-director Joe Hannum. “And if you don’t believe that statistic that I just made up, I can honestly tell you that we had more comedians than ever submit who want to be part of the festival.”
The festival will offer more than 45 shows throughout Greater Cleveland.
“We’ve worked really hard to offer people plenty of chances to see great comedians from all the U.S. and Canada,” said Cleveland Comedy Festival co-director John Wellington.
Cleveland’s Playhouse Square will be home base for the featured shows, contest shows and late night themed shows, but satellite shows will also be held at 13 other venues in Cleveland, Lakewood, Mentor, Kent, and Cuyahoga Falls.
Some of the Playhouse Square highlights include:
- A stand-up competition where the winner will walk away with a $2,000 prize with the finals set for 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17 at the Allen Theatre. Tickets are $12.
- The city’s favorite sketch troupe Last Call Cleveland hits the Allen Theatre stage at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13. Tickets are $15.
- The Second City brings its “Happily Ever After” show at 8 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 13 to the Ohio Theatre. Tickets are $10-$35.
- Bill Squire from the WMMS “Alan Cox Show” and Mike Polk Jr. of Last Call
- Cleveland and YouTube fame will headline the “Best of Cleveland” show at 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15 at the Allen Theatre. Tickets are $12.
- National touring headliner Todd Barry will top the bill for an 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 show at the Allen Theatre. Tickets are $25.
For tickets or information on all Playhouse Square Cleveland Comedy Festival shows, go to playhousesquare.org or call (216) 241-6000. For information on all Cleveland Comedy Festival shows, events and workshops, visit Clevelandcomedyfestival(dot)com.
The Cleveland Comedy Festival is a nonprofit organization. The festival has been held annually since 2008. This year’s festival will feature more than 45 shows at venues throughout Greater Cleveland. The 2013 Cleveland Comedy Festival contest is presented by 87.7 FM Cleveland’s Sound. Additional sponsors include Ambiance, Society Lounge, Laugh Staff, Drees Homes, Cleveland Magazine, Northeast Ohio Media Group (representing cleveland.com, The Plain Dealer and Sun News).