The fresh air, exercise and local exploration are great accompaniments to a fun family holiday weekend
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) November 07, 2013
November 28, 2013 marks an historic occasion – the convergence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving. This means twice the tradition, twice the celebration and twice the food! The team at Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, is welcoming “Thanksgivukkah” with suggestions for entertaining visiting family that also happen to get bodies moving after the bountiful feasts.
It’s as easy as riding a bike!
Even as the weather gets a bit chillier in parts of the U.S., many cities across the country can still be explored via expertly led bicycle tours. The fresh air, exercise and local exploration are great accompaniments to a fun family holiday weekend in destinations like Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland and Washington, DC, to name a few.
- California boasts a number of amazing bike explorations including the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge Bike Tour including coastal Sausalito; the La Jolla Coastal Bike Tour featuring a beautiful guided ride along San Diego's picturesque shorelines; and The Ultimate Los Angeles Bike Tour venturing through LA's most popular areas and off the beaten path locations.
- For a ride and a feast in New York, the Brooklyn Brunch and Bike Tour is a journey through areas of the borough that only locals know for brunch bites including pastries and breakfast tacos; or experience the area’s edgy art scene with some local nosh during the Brooklyn Urban Art Bike Tour.
- The Portland Brewery Bike Tour explores the city’s world-famous beer culture with visits to several microbreweries, and local neighborhoods and hotspots throughout this gorgeous city.
- Washington, DC Monuments Bike Tour visits some of the country’s most iconic sights like the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials.
- Take an easy ride along the 'American Riviera,' with stops including the Versace Mansion, the Art Deco District and Lincoln Road during the Miami Beach Bike Tour with Optional Kayak Tour.
Many destinations are best explored by foot, taking to the streets and experiencing the sights, sounds and all the senses in a tangible way.
- In New York City, the Walking Tour of Ground Zero with Optional 9/11 Memorial Admission provides a deeper understanding of 9/11 led by a certified guide with a personal connection to the events of that fateful day.
- The Food and Cultural Walking Tour of Pike Place Market in Seattle takes visitors and locals behind the scenes of this celebrated culinary landmark to interact with the people that give the market life.
- Immerse the family in a sea of vibrant colors, buzzing atmosphere and rich culture during the San Francisco Chinatown Walking Tour featuring visits to an authentic Buddhist temple and an herbal pharmacy.
- The Downtown Nashville Walking Tour is steeped in history with tales of Fannie Battle, Andrew Jackson and Davy Crockett along with a 'behind the scenes' tour of the Ryman Auditorium, where Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley both performed.
- See the homes of former Mardi Gras kings and queens and marvel at one of the best-preserved collections of historic southern mansions during the Garden District Walking Tour in New Orleans.
- Explore the Windy City following the heated tunnels, walkways and passages that connect the city’s most famous as well as lesser known landmarks and buildings on the Chicago Pedway Walking Tour.
Stroll through the Arts
Museums provide its visitors with a wonderful opportunity to explore at their leisure while taking in works of art and exhibits of great cultural importance and special interest. Viator provides access to museums around the world including this selection in the U.S.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History and the Ground Zero Museum Workshop Tour in New York City
- The National Museum of Crime and Punishment and the International Spy Museum in Washington DC
- San Francisco’s de Young Museum, Legion of Honor, California Academy of Sciences and the new Exploratorium
- J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles
- The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum in Nashville
For more information, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, travelers can check out Viator.com, the Viator Tours & Activities App (iOS and Android) and the Viator Travel Blog. Follow Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 500,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.