Dana Point, California (PRWEB) November 11, 2013
Thirty years ago on August 27, 1984, The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel opened atop its 150-foot bluff-top perch. As the only oceanfront resort in Orange County, it quickly became the crown jewel of the California Riviera. Over the years, the resort underwent many changes with the most recent being a multi-year, multi-million dollar transformation giving the property a fresh look and re-imagined personality. Offering a visually stunning experience, the iconic resort continues to emphasize unparalleled Ritz-Carlton service while delivering an experience completely faithful to the active Southern California beach lifestyle.
Pearls of Inspiration
Traditionally, a 30th anniversary is celebrated with a gift of pearls, so in honor of this milestone anniversary, the resort will offer themed experiences with luxury cultured pearl jeweler Mikimoto throughout its anniversary year. Be inspired and celebrate the resort’s anniversary with the Pearls of Inspiration experience. Exclusively on The Ritz-Carlton Club Level®, the resort will surprise and delight one Club Level guest per month with the discovery of a special His and Hers Mikimoto jewelry gift. Guests will also enjoy a white chocolate amenity, breakfast for two, complimentary round trip transportation to South Coast Plaza, lunch for two, and the chance to be inspired with an incredible discovery.
The Pearls of Inspiration experience includes:
- The opportunity to discover a His and Hers Mikimoto cultured pearl jewelry gift on your pillow in your guestroom
- Overnight accommodation on The Ritz-Carlton Club Level or Suite
- Breakfast for two either through In Room Dining or in Raya
- Round trip transportation to and from South Coast Plaza
- Lunch for two at South Coast Plaza
Available January 1 through April 30, 2014, Pearls of Inspiration starts at $750 per night.
Art of the Craft
The Art of The Craft is a series that gives guests a behind-the-scenes look at how the ladies and gentlemen create long-lasting memories for guests. In recognition of the 30th anniversary, the resort pays homage to cultured pearl jeweler Mikimoto as they demonstrate passion for the art of their craft. Three exclusive Mikimoto art of the craft experiences will be presented throughout the year on The Ritz-Carlton Club Level. Guests will discover the story of one man’s quest to uncover the secret of an iconic gem of nature – the cultured pearl. Kokichi Mikimoto followed his vision and passion to “adorn the necks of all the women of the world with pearls,” becoming one of the world’s greatest inventors. Today, Mikimoto is synonymous with the pearl and recognized internationally as a symbol of excellence. The series includes:
- The Pearl King, presented on January 23, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m.: The skill of a scientist and the soul of an artist combined to create the genius of Kokichi Mikimoto, the inventor of cultured pearls. A visionary on a quest for beauty, it was his dream to “adorn the necks of all women around the world with pearls.”
- The Romance of Pearls, presented on March 6, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m.: The pearl’s iridescent luminosity has bewitched men and women alike for thousands of years. Whether offered in romance or taken in victory, worn as a symbol of chastity or a mystical aphrodisiac, pearls have been and continue to be among the most coveted gems in the world.
- The Birth of a Pearl, presented on May 8, 2014 from 4 to 8 p.m.: In 1893, after years of painstaking efforts, Kokichi Mikimoto succeeded in creating the world’s first cultured pearl. The method he developed is still used by Mikimoto today to form beautiful, lustrous pearls.
The Ladies and Gentlemen
As the resort celebrates, it’s fitting to recognize and honor those ladies and gentlemen that opened the resort on August 27, 1984 and have been providing guests with extraordinary service and creating Ritz-Carlton guests for life. Since opening, 15 ladies and gentlemen are still at the resort and are continue to deliver exceptional experiences for guests. These ladies and gentlemen will be recognized throughout the year.
For additional information about the resort’s 30th Pearl Anniversary events and celebrations, visit http://www.ritzcarlton.com/Laguna30Years.
# # #
About The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
Located halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel sits on a 150-foot bluff with panoramic white-water views of the Pacific Ocean and two-miles of sandy beach. The resort is a re-imagined surfside retreat that awakens guests’ senses with its unique ocean-front setting and remarkable service heritage. For additional information or reservations at the resort call 800-241-3333, the hotel directly at 949-240-2000, a travel professional or visit the web site at http://www.ritzcarlton.com/LagunaNiguel
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C.
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. of Chevy Chase, Md., currently operates 83 hotels in the Americas, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the Caribbean. More than 30 hotel and residential projects are under development around the globe. The Ritz-Carlton is the only service company to have twice earned the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award which recognizes outstanding customer service. For more information, or reservations, contact a travel professional, call toll free in the U.S. 1-800-241-3333, or visit the company website at http://www.ritzcarlton.com. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc.