A Kettering graduate, Dan Hancock enjoyed a 43-year automotive engineering career at General Motors where he served as Vice President of Global Strategic Alliances.
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) November 11, 2013
SAE International announces the new Dan and Vicky Hancock Scholarship for Mechanical Engineering Excellence.
Established by Dan and Vicky Hancock, the scholarship provides financial support for students pursuing college degrees in the field of mechanical engineering. One scholarship in the amount of $5,500 will be awarded each year.
Student eligibility requirements include:
- U.S. resident
- Open to all applicants - freshman through senior
- Required major: mechanical engineering
- 3.5 or better for high school applicants and a 3.0 cumulative college GPA for upperclassmen SAT I math of 600 or above and critical reading of 550 or above, and/or an ACT composite score of 27 or above
- Pursue an engineering or related science degree through an ABET accredited program
- Preference given to Kettering University students; participation in extracurricular activities relating to academic degree or career intent (such as, but not limited to, CDS projects) that indicates leadership potential.
A Kettering graduate, Dan Hancock enjoyed a 43-year automotive engineering career at General Motors where he served as Vice President of Global Strategic Alliances. A longtime SAE International member, Mr. Hancock is an SAE Fellow who served on the SAE Foundation Board of Trustees, the SAE International Board of Directors and has been nominated to serve as the SAE International President in 2014. In 2011, Mr. Hancock was elected to the National Academy of Engineering - one of the highest honors an engineer can receive.
Mr. Hancock and his wife Vicky believe strongly in helping others and giving back to the community through their many philanthropic and volunteer activities.
Application deadline for college freshmen is Wednesday, Jan. 15. Students can apply online at: http://students.sae.org/awdscholar/scholarships/hancock/.
Application deadline for college upperclassmen is Saturday, Feb. 15. Students can apply online at: http://students.sae.org/awdscholar/scholarships/hancock-upper/.
Recipients will be selected by the SAE Scholarship Committee and notified by the end of June. All SAE Scholarship winners will be posted in July/August.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 138,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our charitable arm, the SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.