New York/Freiburg (PRWEB UK) 11 November 2013
Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, and Barron’s Educational Series, Inc., a publisher of study guides and educational resources since 1941, announce the release of four new Barron’s bilingual dictionary apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, based on Barron’s comprehensive approach to language learning. Each dictionary contains more than 230,000 headwords, making Barron’s Bilingual Dictionary Apps the perfect on-the-go tool for travelers, students, professionals or any other language.
- Barron’s Italian-English Bilingual Dictionary
- Barron’s French-English Bilingual Dictionary
- Barron’s Spanish-English Bilingual Dictionary
- Barron’s German-English Bilingual Dictionary
- Look up words within seconds.
- The easy-to-use full-text search allows the user to find examples of use and sample sentences.
- If the user is not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what the user is looking for.
- The user can look up key words in any form you like – declined or conjugated (for English, French, Spanish).
- The user can look up words when working with system applications, without having to switch to the dictionary software. The pop-up translation allows the user to look up unfamiliar words, for example, when reading e-mails, documents, or websites on your Mac. All the user needs to do is point your mouse at the unfamiliar word.
- The user can create and search personal favorites.
- The history function enables the user to retrieve words they have already looked up, with just one click.
- Pronunciation: listen to a wide variety of key words, recorded by native speakers (available only for full version).
- Lists of irregular verbs (available for German and English)
Customizable user-interface functions:
- Fast access to the virtual keyboard.
- Automatic detection of translation direction whether the user types the word in the source or the target language.
- Font size
iOS 4.3 or later.
Barron’s dictionary prices start at 18.99 USD / 13.99 EUR at iTunes:
Barron’s Italian-English Bilingual Dictionary: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id684801884
Barron’s Spanish-English Bilingual Dictionary: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id684803363
Barron’s French-English Bilingual Dictionary: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id684796918
Barron’s German-English Bilingual Dictionary: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id684799807
The dictionaries are also available at Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/barrons-dictionaries/id634855450?mt=12 and Google Play LINK.
With more than 2,000 titles in print, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is world-renowned as a publisher of study guides and educational resources for students of all ages. Barron’s Foreign Language Guides cover a multitude of languages from American Sign Language to Turkish, and provide language learners with a wide range of tools, including books, audio products, and online resources. Whether you’re learning a language at home, in the classroom, or looking for help when traveling abroad, Barron’s provides the solutions to all your language needs. Founded in 1941, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. is privately owned corporation located in Hauppauge, New York. To learn more about Barron’s diverse product line, please visit: http://www.barronseduc.com.