NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
AcousticSheep, LLC is proud to announce today it has been named an International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for both RunPhones® Wireless and RunPhones® Intensity based on its outstanding design and engineering. As a returning honoree, following the International CES Innovations 2013 Award for SleepPhones Wireless, AcousticSheep, LLC will be exhibiting its current and new products at the 2014 International CES, January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers, and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
Following its 2013 award for Wireless SleepPhones, AcousticSheep, LLC. has received awards for:
- RunPhones Wireless received the award for the headphones category with its high-tech addition: Bluetooth technology. RunPhones Wireless are sleek, Bluetooth-enabled wireless headphones hidden in a washable, moisture-wicking sporty headband that stays put while walking, running or on the go.
- RunPhones Intensity has been awarded in the new Wearable Technology category. Its design incorporates comfort, technology and a proven fitness strategy so seamlessly that it all fits in a washable, moisture-wicking sporty headband. Push play and push yourself with RunPhones Intensity sans clunky ear buds and tangly wires.
“It is truly an honor to be named a winner for International CES Innovations 2014 Award in not only one category, but in two for different products we are launching, especially among many other high-quality products,” said Dr. Wei-Shin Lai, inventor and founder of AcousticSheep, LLC. “CES is a great trade show to be a part of, showing us what the future has in store for us in the world of technology.”
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the global gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Why the product deserves the Innovations award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place
RunPhones Intensity and RunPhones Wireless will be displayed in The Venetian at the 2014 International CES, which runs January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Media Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 5 in South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay.
AcousticSheep LLC’s product range also includes SleepPhones and SleepPhones Wireless, a 2013 winner, along with the original RunPhones all of which are doctor-developed.
Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo, and URL.
ABOUT ACOUSTICSHEEP, LLC
Founded in 2007, AcousticSheep LLC manufactures and markets SleepPhones® and RunPhones®, innovative headphones with thin padded speakers sewn in soft comfortable headbands. Invented by Wei-Shin Lai, M.D., CEO, and her husband, Jason Wolfe, Chief Technology Officer, patented SleepPhones are specifically designed to help promote sound sleep and an aid in overcoming insomnia and second-hand snoring. RunPhones were introduced in 2010 to provide a solution for runners whose ear buds frequently fall out and to wick away perspiration. Both products have received significant praise from the media, are available in 50 countries around the world and sales continue to exceeded expectations. Headquartered in Bellefonte, Pa., AcousticSheep has maintained strong standards of environmental and social responsibility in both manufacturing and company operations since its inception. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.runphones.com and http://www.sleepphones.com..
# # #
EDITOR’S NOTE: For more information about SleepPhones or to arrange an interview, please contact Nancy Trent or Pamela Wadler at (212) 966-0024 or pam(at)trentandcompany(dot)com.