Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
The AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF) will hold its annual fundraising event, Canines & Cocktails on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Rosen Centre Hotel in Orlando, FL. Sponsored by The Canine Chronicle, the event recognizes the important contribution dogs make in our lives as companions and celebrates the advancements made in both human and canine health through the One Health Initiative, a global effort to improve both animal and human health through the collaboration of science and health professionals.
“Canines & Cocktails is a wonderful event that brings together members of the dog-loving community who are passionate about canine health,” said Terry T. Warren, CHF CEO and General Counsel. “Through the ongoing commitment of CHF supporters, we are making real strides in treatments for orthopedic concerns, oncology, cardiology, and canine specific issues like bloat.”
Tickets for the event are $125 per person. A raffle will also be held, with proceeds to benefit continued canine health research. Raffle tickets are $20 each or six tickets for $100. Raffle prize winners need not be present to win. Raffle items include:
- 2014 Westminster Kennel Club dog show original art work entitled “Where the Stars Come Out”
- Sterling silver (anti-tarnish) BISS Ribbon with natural amethyst and citrine, donated by 14K-9
- Designer dog leads, donated by Alvalley
- 14K gold paw pendant charm, donated by Originals by Omar
- 2 Buddy Pack Certificates good towards any pet-friendly America's Best Value Inn, donated by America’s Best Value Inn
- Custom, handmade quilt, created and donated by Murray Johnson Art Quilts
- Coffee gift basket, donated by Black Dog Coffee Traders
- Weekend hotel stay, donated by Drury Hotel.
- Sterling Silver BIS Ribbon with diamond, rubies and sapphires, donated by BB Unlimited
Prizes continue to be added to this exciting lineup of raffle items. Check the Canine & Cocktails page for updates.
Sponsorships are still available for businesses and individuals. Sponsors receive reserved event seating and recognition on the CHF website and at the event. Contact Kathryn Simpson, CHF Development & Events Specialist for additional information.
# # #
The AKC Canine Health Foundation (CHF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping dogs live longer, healthier lives by funding research that helps prevent, treat, and cure canine disease. Established in 1995, CHF’s mission is to advance the health of all dogs and their owners by funding sound, scientific research and supporting the dissemination of canine health information. Through the generous support of the American Kennel Club, Nestlé Purina PetCare, Zoetis (formerly Pfizer Animal Health), dog clubs, and dog owners worldwide, CHF has dedicated more than $40 million to canine health research projects and education programs. Visit CHF online at http://www.akcchf.org for more information.