Park City, Utah (PRWEB) November 13, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on new health reform rules.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, 2014 is almost here. While the new Affordable Care Act regulations seem overwhelming, the new insurance rules fall into four main categories of insurance reforms.
Health reform created new rules for coverage for individual health insurance and employer-based health insurance. These include:
- Guaranteed-issue coverage - all individuals must be accepted regardless of health conditions.
- No pre-existing condition exclusions - insurance companies are no longer allowed to deny coverage to patients for a certain time period because of medical conditions that existed when coverage began.
Health reform created new rules for pricing of health insurance premiums.
- No medical underwriting - insurance carriers are no longer allowed to use medical or health information to set the premium rate for the policy.
- Premium rate review - health insurers must justify any rate increase of 10% or more before the increase takes effect.
Health reform created new rules for cost-sharing, in other words how much a covered individual pays for coverage when they receive medical care.
- Standard metal tiers - to make understanding coverage levels easier, "apples to apples".
- Limits on deductibles and out-of-pocket costs - The new out-of-pocket annual limits are $6,350/year for individuals and $12,700/year for families (starting 2015), and deductibles are limited to $2,000/year for individual plans, and $4,000/year for family plans.
Health reform created new rules benefits that health insurance covers.
- Essential health benefits - All individual and small group plans must cover the 10 essential health benefits.
- Dependent coverage - up to age 26
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHealth") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.