RxInformer is a trusted source of clinical information and guidance on how best to plan for the challenges that lay ahead in workers’ compensation. To receive a copy of the latest issue, visit Booth 1423 at the NWCD conference.
Tampa, FL (PRWEB) November 12, 2013
The Fall 2013 issue of the Healthesystems RxInformer clinical journal is now available for download on the App Store as an e-zine for iPad®. The semi-annual publication provides insights across a broad spectrum of emerging trends in the workers’ compensation industry. The app is unique to any publication in the workers’ compensation industry. It offers an interactive experience and additional content in the form of animations and links to related content. The print version will be available November 20-22 at the Healthesystems booth at the National Workers’ Compensation and Disability Conference and Expo in Las Vegas.
Key highlights include:
- A comprehensive opioid therapy case planning guide that incorporates some of the leading pain management protocols developed by the Official Disability Guidelines (ODG), American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM) and others
- Insights into the impacts of the controls placed on physician dispensing
- A consideration of complementary and alternative therapies for managing pain
- Information on the signs of fraud, abuse and misuse to watch for in claims involving opioid therapy
- A look at costs and considerations associated with the private-label topicals and homeopathic products that have crept into workers’ compensation
- A snapshot of the leading opioid therapy controls
- Guidance on the dangers that can arise when opioids are used in combination with certain other drugs
RxInformer is a trusted source of clinical information and guidance on how best to plan for the challenges that lay ahead in workers’ compensation. To receive a copy of the latest issue, visit Booth 1423 at the NWCD conference, or request a free subscription at http://www.healthesystems.com/rxinformer. Access back issues of the publication there as well.
Healthesystems is a specialty provider of innovative medical cost management solutions for the workers’ compensation industry. The company's comprehensive product portfolio includes a leading pharmacy benefit management (PBM) program, expert clinical review services, and a revolutionary ancillary benefits management (ABM) solution for prospectively managing ancillary medical services such as durable medical equipment (DME), home health, transportation and translation services. By leveraging innovation, powerful technology, clinical expertise and enhanced workflow automation tools, Healthesystems provides clients with flexible programs that reduce the total cost of medical care while improving the quality of care for injured workers. To learn more about Healthesystems or to sign up for the company's newsletters, visit http://www.healthesystems.com or email info(at)healthesystems(dot)com.