Leaders will benefit from the easy, understandable, to-the-point meetings resources at this Website.
Greensboro, NC (PRWEB) November 13, 2013
Attorney and Parliamentarian Jim Slaughter (http://www.jimslaughter.com) announces the launch of his redesigned and expanded parliamentary procedure Website. The site is focused on running effective business meetings using Robert’s Rules of Order and includes many free resources on running shorter, more legal meetings.
“The expanded site is designed to make Robert’s Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure accessible,” says Jim Slaughter, a parliamentary lawyer with the law firm of Rossabi Black Slaughter, PA. “Leaders will benefit from the easy, understandable, to-the-point meetings resources at this Website. If you’re a member of a board of directors, nonprofit association, union, condo or homeowners association, or a governmental body such as a school board or city council, go to http://www.jimslaughter.com."
The new Website includes:
- Over 40 online Articles covering which rules to use in which meetings, the most used motions, myths about parliamentary procedure, general advice for shortening meetings, and appropriate informal procedure for smaller boards
- Tips on recurring meeting problems, such as voting and proxy issues, setting and sticking to an agenda, and advice for handling disruptive members or tyrannical chairs
- Charts and Motion Guides to Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th Edition)(attached), The Standard Code of Parliamentary Procedure (“Sturgis”), and other parliamentary books
- Blog on Robert’s Rules and parliamentary procedure
- Robert’s Rules in the News with daily media articles on Robert's Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure
- Parliamentary calendar of national, state and local parliamentary events and training by various organizations
- Articles Title Database of over 2,000 parliamentary procedure articles from parliamentary publications
- Parliamentary Quotations from history on procedure and meetings in general
- Links to other useful Parliamentary Websites
- Updated monthly Brainteasers and an archive of hundreds of past procedure questions
The site also contains information from Slaughter’s two recently released books, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Parliamentary Procedure Fast-Track (Alpha) and Notes and Comments on ‘Robert’s Rules,’ Fourth Edition (Southern Illinois University Press). The Fast-Track Guide is short, to-the-point, and focused on smaller meetings, such as boards and governmental bodies. Notes and Comments on ‘Robert’s Rules’ is a user’s guide to the new 716 page edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised (11th Edition) and is designed for more procedurally complicated meetings and uses a question-and-answer format to cover the most misused and asked-about provisions.
All of the information on the Website is free to use and share.
About Jim Slaughter
Jim Slaughter is an attorney, Certified Professional Parliamentarian, Professional Registered Parliamentarian, and past President of the American College of Parliamentary Lawyers. He serves as Parliamentarian to many of the largest trade associations and unions in the country and is author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Parliamentary Procedure Fast-Track and Notes and Comments on Robert’s Rules, Fourth Edition.