La Jolla, CA (PRWEB) November 13, 2013
WHAT: California Healthcare Institute (CHI) is celebrating its 20th anniversary at its Annual Meeting at Genentech. Industry thought leaders will participate on panels discussing FDA regulatory policies, nurturing innovation in the face of sequestration and lack of venture capital (VC) investment, as well as highlight the patient experience. CHI and PwC will also release its annual 2014 California Biomedical Industry Report with new data on employment, revenue, VC funding and impact in the state.
WHO: California Healthcare Institute, industry speakers, legislators and top executives, including:
- Bruce Cozadd, chairman & CEO, Jazz Pharmaceuticals
- Carl Hull, former CEO, Gen-Probe
- Chris Nolet, partner, Ernst & Young
- David Gollaher, Ph.D., president & CEO, CHI
- David Pyott, chairman & CEO, Allergan
- George Scangos, Ph.D., CEO, Biogen Idec
- Ginger Graham, president & CEO, Two Trees Consulting
- Sen. Jerry Hill, California’s 13th District
- John Martin, Ph.D., chairman, Gilead Sciences
- Asm. Kevin Mullin, California’s 22nd District
- Michael Mussallem, chairman and CEO, Edwards Lifesciences
WHEN: Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013; 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Keynote and report unveiling at 10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Genentech: Building B21, 1000 Grandview Drive, South San Francisco, Calif. (Parking address: 901 Grandview Drive, South San Francisco, Calif.)
RSVP & MEDIA CONTACT: To RVSP or schedule media interviews, please contact Erica Hiar at Hiar(at)chi(dot)org or by phone at 202-579-7605.
CHI represents more than 275 leading biotechnology, medical device, diagnostics, and pharmaceutical companies, and public and private academic biomedical research organizations. CHI’s mission is to advance responsible public policies that foster medical innovation and promote scientific discovery. CHI’s website is http://www.chi.org. Follow us on Twitter @calhealthcare, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.