San Francisco, California (PRWEB) November 15, 2013
Approaching its fifth annual gathering, the Wisdom 2.0 Conference addresses the great challenge of our age: to not only live connected to one another through technology, but to do so in ways that are beneficial to our own well-being, effective in our work, and useful to the world.
This year's outstanding lineup includes technology leaders and wisdom teachers including: Eckhart Tolle, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Byron Katie, Sharon Salzburg, Roshi Joan Halifax, Meng Tan (Google’s “Jolly Good Fellow”), singer and recording artist Alanis Morissette, and executives from Google, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. More speakers continue to be announced.
The annual Wisdom 2.0 Summit 2014 will be held February 14th – 16th at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in San Francisco, California. Visit Wisdom 2.0 online at http://www.wisdom2conference.com for information.
“We try not to be the usual sit-and-listen conference,” says founder Soren Gordhamer. “This is a think tank-style, interactive gathering with hosted conversations, yoga rooms, enchanting decor, community-led break outs and more.” The focus is on interacting with other participants to make meaningful, lasting connections.
After speaking at Wisdom 2.0 Business in New York in September 2013, Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini said: "The conversations at Wisdom 2.0 on mindfulness in business and society are some of the most critical of our time." Together, Wisdom 2.0 presenters and participants explore ways for the constantly-connected modern person to evolve and thrive in a dramatically changing world.
“There is little question whether the external technologies of our age, from computers to cell phones, will continue to advance,” says conference founder Gordhamer. “The more vital question is whether our ‘internal technologies’ of wisdom and compassion will advance along with them.”
Monday Intensive Sessions
New this year, Wisdom 2.0 offering optional Monday Intensive Sessions on February 17, the day after the main conference ends, for a separate cost of $199 or $150 when included in the Main Conference ticket, focused on one of the following specific topics:
- Family and Parenting
The sessions, an interactive way for conference attendees to dive even deeper into subjects of great importance to them, can be added to the Conference ticket, or attended separately.
The new conference venue, the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, is an expansive space that allows participants to choose between mainstage sessions; breakouts and organized activities like yoga and meditation; and quiet corners for sitting, thinking, chatting and networking. A visionary art gallery, festive decorations, Burning Man art installations and other surprises create a whimsical, creative atmosphere.
Founded by Soren Gordhamer, Wisdom 2.0 began as a small gathering of about 325 people in 2009; annual conferences have now grown to over 1,800, with regional events year-round in New York, Boulder, and San Francisco. Former speakers include the founders of Facebook, Twitter, eBay, and Paypal; CEOs of Ford, Aetna, and the Huffington Post; celebrities like actress Goldie Hawn; and wisdom teachers and authors from a variety of traditions.
Featured in the New York Times, Wired, Fast Company, Huffington Post, Financial Times, Forbes and many other business magazines, the Wisdom 2.0 Summit has sparked an ardent discussion in Silicon Valley, New York business circles, and in communities around the globe of the value of mindfulness in our high-speed, interconnected age.
Confirmed 2014 Speakers
- Eckhart Tolle, author, The Power of Now, A New Earth
- Jon Kabat-Zinn, mindfulness teacher and author, Wherever You Go There You Are.
- Byron Katie, author, Loving What Is
- Sharon Salzburg, best-selling author, Real Happiness
- Roshi Joan Halifax, Upaya Zen Center
- Soren Gordhamer, Founder, Wisdom 2.0
- Brother David Steindl-Rast, Benedictine Monk
- Mathilde Mukantabana, Republic of Rwanda Ambassador
- Alanis Morissette, Singer & Songwriter
- Dr. Michael Gervais, sports psychologist
- Abha Dawesar, author, Babyji
- Dan Siegel, Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Shefali Tsabary, Clinical Psychologist
- Vivienne Harr, Make a Stand Lemon-aid
- Lisa Kristine, Humanitarian Photographer
- Tony Hsieh, CEO, Zappos
- Peter Deng, Director of Product, Instagram
- Meng Tan, Jolly Good Fellow, Google; author, Search Inside Yourself
- Irene Au, Produce and UX, Udacity
- Arturo Bejar, Director of Engineering, Facebook
- Rachel Macy Stafford, “Hands-Free Momma”
- Jessica Matthews, Co-Founder and CEO, Uncharted Play
- Melissa Daimler, Head of Organizational Learning, Twitter
- Jonathan Rosenfeld, Leadership and Change Strategy, Medium
- Karen May, Vice President, Learning & Development, Google
- Gopi Kailayll, Chief Evangelist, Google Social for Brands
And more to be announced!
Wisdom 2.0 strives to bring this conversation to the world in an accessible, innovative, and inclusive way.
For more information, contact: