Idaho Falls, ID (PRWEB) November 16, 2013
Netmark the award winning internet marketing agency has recently published a new internet marketing research study. This new market research looks closely at the results by ranking segment, which gives insights into what is most important in ranking websites.
The study broke down by metrics and interactions the most important aspects in ranking websites:
- Domain Facebook Likes – The number of Facebook “likes” showed a strong correlation between ranking websites and the number of “likes” earned. Websites ranking in the top ten positions usually have in excess of 600 Facebook “likes” while those in the 41-50 ranks had little more than 200.
- Domain Facebook Shares – Sharing on Facebook is one of the easiest ways to spread information regarding a website and it increases the penetration of the website while generating some link strength. Top websites had in excess of 1,000 Domain Facebook “Shares” while those ranking in 41-50 had a few more than 350 shares.
- Facebook Comments – Facebook Comments are an excellent way to increase the visibility of a post, and Facebook even cross posts “comments” and “likes” to increase the penetration of the viewing audience. With that in mind, Netmark recorded that the more comments a post had the greater the effect on ranking, with the top websites having over 425 comments on posts.
- Domain Delicious Bookmarks – Delicious is a social bookmark manager. Netmark’s correlation study revealed that the top ranking websites had nearly 250 Domain Delicious Bookmarks while 41-50 had little more than 60.
- Root Domain MozTrust – Using the MozTrust score generated by Moz.com demonstrated that their algorithm for generating MozTrust is spot on, with the ranking websites have a trust score of nearly 7.0 while 41-50 ranked websites had little more than 6.5.
- Domain LinkedIn Shares – Another social media metric recording the importance and impact of LinkedIn showed that the LinkedIn shares were greater than 65 in top ranking websites while 41-50 typically had 20 or less.
- Domain Tweets – Tweets and retweeting are considered staples in Social Media Marketing and not surprising they had an important correlation with ranking websites, with the top performer having over 400 tweets with the bottom 41-50 having less than 150. This is interesting to note as the importance and impact of Twitter may be less important than previously thought by most Social Media Marketers.
- Domain Plus Ones – Google’s Google+ is a largely neglected social platform by users, but it still has importance in ranking factors, with the top websites having nearly 1,000 pluses with lesser ranking websites having roughly 75 pluses.
- Domain Authority – Using Moz.com’s Domain Authority metric, ranking websites had an authority of 90 while lesser ranked websites had little more than 80.
- Root Domain MozRank – Again, using a metric provided by Moz.com, Netmark’s correlation study showed that the average Root Domain MozRank was nearly 6.475 while lesser ranked websites were little more than 6.1
Netmark’s correlation studies have yielded information that is critical for websites to succeed, and these are the most important metrics that a website can engage in.
This is an ongoing study at Netmark that has looked over the different ranking attributes and what was needed to effectively rank a website. The other studies include ranking factors, and minimum requirements to be ranked on the first page of Google.
Netmark is an internet marketing agency that uses their tools and market research studies to create and achieve internet marketing goals. Currently Netmark is open to accepting new clients and consulting other marketing agencies to help with their client needs as well.