With SAGe, we move beyond theory and into practice.
Boulder, Colorado (PRWEB) November 15, 2013
Scaled Agile, Inc. (SAI), a product, training, certification and professional services firm that helps companies scale adoption of Lean|Agile software development throughout the enterprise, today released v2.5 of SAGe (Scaled Agile Guidance for the Enterprise).
Based on the company’s popular Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), SAGe is an object-based process tool that provides a cost-effective solution for rapid adoption of enterprise-wide Lean|Agile software development. SAGe is comprised of workflow diagrams and detailed descriptions that explain the roles, activities, work products, and practices necessary to develop high-quality software at scale.
Created by SAI Chief Methodologist Dean Leffingwell, the Scaled Agile Framework is an illustrative roadmap that directs managers and software developers along the path to becoming a Lean|Agile enterprise. By adopting the Framework, SAI’s customers can quickly deliver fully tested and integrated systems – either for external markets or internal operations. With the release of SAGe 2.5, these users now have the “guidance” necessary to develop software consistent with the Framework.
User benefits of SAGe 2.5 include:
- Effective guidance for everyone in the organization -- from software engineers and team coaches to business owners and portfolio managers.
- Easy customization. Each Role, Activity, Work Product, and Practice can be replaced or extended to reflect the enterprise’s unique needs and requirements. Change once and replace everywhere.
- Detailed guidance on the roles, activities, work products, and practices that enable successful Agile development with SAFe.
- An Implementation Playbook that provides specific activities and guidelines for implementing SAFe.
- Easy-to-use Web Publisher that allows for fast customization, updates and maintenance of process content.
Delivered as an HTML-based template that users host on their intranet, SAGe 2.5 follows the software-as-a-service (SaaS) pricing model, in which the cost is based on the number of people who use the product.
“Today’s product release marks a significant milestone in the evolution of our company,” Leffingwell said. “By complementing the Scaled Agile Framework with SAGe, a process tool that helps companies realize the many benefits outlined in the Framework, we have begun the transition from a training and consulting company to a more holistic business partner for our customers. With SAGe, we move beyond theory and into practice.”
About Scaled Agile, Inc.
Based in Boulder, Colo., privately held SAI’s mission is to help software-dependent companies achieve better outcomes, increase employee engagement, and improve business economics through adoption of Lean|Agile principles and practices based on the Scaled Agile Framework. To learn more, visit http://www.scaledagile.com.
Scaled Agile Framework and SAFe are trademarks of Leffingwell, LLC.