Catherine Sas Now Facilitates Economic Immigrants to Canada

Share Article

Over the past five months, Canada's Minister of Immigration has highlighted 5 different categories for immigration to Canada. Catherine Sas proudly offers superior immigration services at http://canadian-visa-lawyer.com/.

Catherine Sas - www.canadian-visa-lawyer.com

Catherine Sas - www.canadian-visa-lawyer.com

Since Canada's Immigration Program is divided into two segments: the economic program and non-economic program, nearly 60% of immigrants are economic applicants and the other 40% are family class, refugee or humanitarian and compassionate applicants.

Catherine Sas, winner of Canada’s Best Lawyer Award, has recently announced the commencement of improved immigration services for economic immigrants to Canada. Since Canada's Immigration Program is divided into two segments: the economic program and non-economic program, nearly 60% of immigrants are economic applicants and the other 40% are family class, refugee or humanitarian and compassionate applicants. Apart from providing services to the general immigrant category, Sas has introduced superior law advice and consultation, customized especially for economic immigrants.

Categories of Economic Immigrants
Catherine Sas provides law services to a variety of categories existing under the umbrella of economic immigrants to Canada. According to the Minister of Immigration, there are 7 major classifications, explained as follows:

1.    Skilled Worker Class
In recent years, the skilled worker class has developed a backlog of almost a million applicants, inducing the Minister of Immigration to introduce ministerial instructions to specify which occupations were eligible under this program. The program has recently reopened as of May 4, 2013, and currently 24 occupations are eligible under the skilled worker program.

2.    Phd Student Stream
This is the subset of the Skilled Worker Category that allows PhD students that are about to graduate or have graduated from Canada to apply for permanent residence from within Canada.

3.    Arranged Employment
Arranged employment leads to permanent residence where an employer obtains a Labor Market Opinion (LMO) from Service Canada, specifying that the individual is intended to both, work and ultimately reside in Canada. This is changed from the previous criteria of having an independent offer of employment.

4.    Canadian Experience Class
This immigration program grants permanent residence to those people who have previously worked or studied in Canada. Applicants may only have 1 year of work experience in Canada to be able to qualify.

5.    Federal Skilled Trades
This new program was introduced on January 2, 2013, and allows a certain trade to be eligible for permanent residence to Canada. This program is designed to alleviate Canada’s shortage of skilled trade people.

6.    Provincial Nominee Program
These programs allow provinces to determine and select immigrants that will suit the needs of individual provinces. The volume of applications under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is growing each year.

7.    Live-In Caregivers
The Live-In Caregiver program is designed for those who provide in-home care to children or the elderly. Applicants must first obtain a work permit and complete 24 months of work experience of full time employment after which they and their dependents are eligible to apply for permanent residence.

For more information on Catherine Sas, a Vancouver immigration lawyer, log on to http://www.canadian-visa-lawyer.com or email at csas(at)millerthomson(dot)com.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website