San Diego,CA (PRWEB) November 16, 2013
The experts at SanDiego.com have put together a list of the top 5 things to do when visiting San Diego. “When planning a trip to sunny San Diego it is crucial to figure out what the don’t-miss hot-spots are,” says Erica James, San Diego local and editor for SanDiego.com. “There are just so many things to do here in our beautiful city, there’s no way to do them all.” But SanDiego.com can help you find the best of the best things to do in San Diego, so don’t miss out when vacationing in this beautiful coastal city.
1. Hit the beach- San Diego is known for its beautiful beaches and year round sunny weather. With over 70 miles of coastline, there are many different beaches to choose from. Visit Mission Beach, a classic West Coast beach location where visitors can lay out, play beach sports, walk the boardwalk and grab an ice cream cone, or walk down Mission Blvd and visit the shops and restaurants. When heading over to La Jolla beaches, visitors can view the sea lions who have made the coastline and rocky cliffs their home or see the splendor of the La Jolla shorelines which have naturally created amazing caves which can be toured by kayak. Whichever beach city tourists choose to visit there is much to offer with pristine beaches, eateries, shops, activities and more.
2. Visit one of the world-class theme parks- San Diego is lucky to be home to multiple theme parks including the San Diego Zoo, LEGOLAND, and SeaWorld. The world famous San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park features more than 3,700 animals, a guided tour bus around the park, the Skyfari lift for a bird's eye view, shows and more. LEGOLAND California is a Lego themed park targeted for younger children, with rides suitable for age 11 and under. Another popular San Diego attraction is SeaWorld, a park centered around marine life. SeaWorld features marine animal exhibits, rides, the famous clydesdale horses, a sky ride, and shows.
3. Eat, Drink and be Merry at The Gaslamp Quarter - Located in the heart of San Diego, the Gaslamp Quarter is home to many restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. Walk the streets and eat at one of the outdoor eating areas of the many restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter, a great option for people watching. Visit one of the many bars in the Gaslamp District and enjoy a refreshing cocktail. Take advantage of the variety of bars and visit a few, from Irish pubs to local breweries, country bars with a bucking bull to elegant wine bars, patrons are sure to find their perfect scene. Looking for a fun night out on the town? The San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is the spot to be for a party, with award winning clubs, famous DJ’s, and the best dancing in town.
4. See the Sights- San Diego is filled with landmarks at every turn. Visit some of the most popular landmarks such as Old Town, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum and more. When visiting Old Town, considered the birthplace of California, be sure to see the historical sights in this Spanish themed city. Head over to Balboa Park to see the gardens and tour the 15 different museums. With over 100 sights to see in San Diego, to fit in as many as possible try the Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego, which has 11 convenient stops around San Diego. Passengers have the chance to pass many landmarks along the route.
5. Drive the Coast – From the southern point of San Diego, begin at Coronado beach, pass through Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach to La Jolla, Del Mar and up to Oceanside and Carlsbad. If there’s time, make a trip to Catalina Island for the day on the Catalina Express. Island offers snorkeling, glass bottom boat tours, golfing, sailing and more. This is a perfect way to see all of the beautiful San Diego beaches in one day!
SanDiego.com is one of San Diego’s largest websites, known as the local authority for all things San Diego. The author of this blog, Erica James is a native San Diegan who truly believes that there is no place more superior than beautiful San Diego!