We provide institutional quality depth and financial expertise with a high level of personal service that is radically different from the generic advice and service that is commonly found in the institutionally dominated Canadian financial marketplace.
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) November 19, 2013
In addition to managing its existing equity and debt investments in the real estate sector, the group will provide strategic corporate finance advice to companies and make select private equity investments in high growth companies in the innovation and digital space, often in conjunction with other notable investors.
One recent example is a co-investment with prominent venture and Angel investors, Geoff Entress and Matthew Moore, in the first seed round investment in Brightkit, a high growth social marketing platform that was conceived and spun out of Invoke. Invoke has gained significant prominence due to the success of the first company it launched, Hootsuite, which is the leading social media relationship management platform that now claims almost 8 million users in over 175 countries around the world.
Keith Ippel, Managing Director of Invoke commenting on Promerita’s investment in Brightkit: “Promerita Group’s high-integrity and collaborative approach to doing business and their collective depth of expertise make them valuable strategic partners. The team’s investment insight and ability to identify opportunity in many industries, coupled with the multi-industry operational experience of the individuals that form the Promerita Group make them highly effective investors.”
In addition to its corporate finance and investment activities, Promerita will offer a multidisciplinary financial advisory and wealth management service to high net worth private investors and corporate accounts. As outlined by Ernest Lang, the group’s founding principal and CEO, “We see a significant opportunity to provide institutional quality depth and financial expertise with a high level of personal service that is radically different from the generic advice and service that is commonly found in the institutionally dominated Canadian financial marketplace. Simply put, as a well-capitalized corporate group with tightly controlled operating costs, we are not subject to the same relentless profit growth pressures that exist for publicly listed companies. Consequently, the members of our team are not put in a position where they must juggle competing career, corporate and client interests. Instead, we can focus on providing better value and advice to the corporate and private clients we serve.” He goes on to say, “We are proud of the outstanding individuals on our team – exceptionally credentialed and experienced, they usually have had very successful careers with a number of the world’s leading institutions, but are attracted to our meritocratic and collaborative corporate culture that values authentic relationships and true personal service. Fundamentally, it boils down to exceptional people investing in and collaborating with exceptional people.”
● Promerita is an elite, multidisciplinary financial advisory, corporate finance and investment group.
● Promerita and the individuals that form the group make selective investments in companies and projects that we believe will provide a superior risk adjusted return on capital.
● Promerita provides corporate finance expertise to the companies and projects in which it invests.
● Promerita’s advisory business is focused on providing risk management, capital management and strategic investment expertise to entrepreneurs, corporate owners and private business families to maximize the risk-adjusted returns on capital and to ensure that the capital management strategies align with the corporate and personal goals.
● Meritus Financial is a strategic wealth and financial services company that was formed in 2007 to serve high net worth and ultra-high net worth entrepreneurs and families. As of November 1st, 2013, Meritus is now part of the Promerita Financial Group.
● Promerita has offices in Vancouver and Toronto and serves clients in BC, Alberta and Ontario.