Chapel Hill, NC (PRWEB) November 18, 2013
MBA students from leading business schools battled for the top spot in the premier investment management competition hosted by the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School Nov. 15.
Now in its ninth year, the Alpha Challenge pits MBA teams against each another as they present one long and one short investment recommendation from a predefined universe of stocks.They defend their analysis in front of a panel of distinguished judges who are hedge fund managers, institutional portfolio managers and equity research analysts.
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business won first place. The Yale School of Management and the University of Virginia Darden School of Business finished second and third, respectively.
Teams were fielded by:
1. Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
2. Columbia University, Columbia Business School
3. Cornell University, Johnson School of Management
4. Dartmouth College, Tuck School of Business
5. Duke University, Fuqua School of Business
6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIT Sloan School of Management
7. New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business
8. Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
9. University of California Berkeley, Haas School of Business
10. University of Chicago, Booth School of Business
11. University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School
12. University of Michigan, Ross School of Business
13. University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
14. University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
15. Yale University, Yale School of Management
The event featured a keynote address from Bruce Johnstone, managing director and senior marketing investment strategist for Fidelity Investments.
The leading investment professionals who served as judges for the 2013 Alpha Challenge were:
Sponsors were Fidelity Investments, Carlson Capital, SAC Capital, T. Rowe Price, CFA Institute, William Blair, American Century Investments, Manning & Napier, Capital Group and FactSet.
For more information, visit http://www.alphachallenge.com.
About the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary, real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business (BSBA), full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.