Our team of software developers has worked tirelessly to deliver this new version that will benefit the hundreds of license holders around the globe.
Québec, Québec (PRWEB) November 20, 2013
Eddyfi announces the launch of the latest version of Magnifi®, its leading-edge acquisition and analysis software. Magnifi is already the most comprehensive, stable, and reliable software for multitechnology surface and tube inspections, but with version 3.3, Magnifi just got better. Much better.
This latest version of Magnifi introduces a series of new features to make inspections faster and more versatile, greatly improving performance:
- Setup wizard — the wizard guides users through the inspection and probe configuration process so that work can start in minutes.
- Unique advanced sizing curves — the new sizing curves can be displayed in terms of percentages of material loss or remaining, or in terms of various units of measurement, even custom sets.
- Remote controls — programming remote controls (e.g. foot pedals) allows triggering certain actions, eliminating the need to manually trigger them from the software. Actions include starting acquisition, stopping acquisition, recording, and more.
- Drive TC7700™ and MS5800™ — Magnifi 3.3 can drive TC7700s and MS5800s, as well as read most data files acquired with them.
- Probe database — contains all the standard Eddyfi probes. Configuring inspections for use with a specific probe has never been easier.
- New absolute measurement methods — these methods make conductivity and coating inspections easier.
- Other performance improvements — several other improvements were made over previous versions of Magnifi, most notably decreasing the lag between starting an acquisition and receiving data over 50%, and more fluid transitions between complex views such as 3D C-scans.
“This is a very exciting release. It introduces a setup wizard and probe database, along with other new features and improvements. It’s now possible to create high-performance setups for conventional and array probes in next to no time compared to previous versions of the software,” says Marc Grenier, Magnifi Product Manager at Eddyfi. “Our team of software developers has worked tirelessly to deliver this new version that will benefit the hundreds of license holders around the globe.”
For details about this latest version of Magnifi and how to download it, visit the Eddyfi Web site.
Eddyfi is the most dynamic company in the field of non-destructive testing (NDT) equipment. It employs the world’s most renowned experts in the field of advanced eddy current testing. Eddyfi focuses on providing complete high-end solutions for the inspection of critical components in several major industries including nuclear, power generation, oil and gas, and aerospace. The company develops the industry’s best performing and most reliable test instruments, scanners, surface and tube probes, and acquisition and analysis software. Eddyfi has the expertise, engineering, and manufacturing flexibility to supply fully-integrated and specially-made solutions that make customers safer, more efficient and more profitable.