Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 22, 2013
Health insurers are increasingly organizing narrow networks on and off public and private exchanges to limit costs and promote quality in a more manageable system. On Dec. 10, Atlantic Information Services will host “Designing and Managing Narrow Networks: Winning Strategies for Insurers,” a webinar outlining what risks and opportunities narrow networks offer, and how insurers and providers can avoid pitfalls in developing and running these networks.
In 60 minutes of presentations and 30 minutes dedicated to individual questions, participants will hear from Jack Rovner, attorney and principal of The Health Law Consultancy, and Peter Kongstvedt, M.D., senior faculty member at George Mason University and principal of Virginia-based consulting firm P.R. Kongstvedt. These top industry experts will explain how the Affordable Care Act and other market forces have influenced provider network strategies, and provide practical advice on these and other related questions:
- How narrow is too narrow? Are one-health-system networks a viable strategy?
- To what extent should narrow networks for exchanges differ from those that are off exchanges?
- How should narrow networks be designed to be most effective at lowering costs and improving business opportunities with cost-conscious individuals and groups?
- How can insurers using narrow networks avoid issues of risk discrimination?
- To what extent do narrow networks enhance provider price and quality competition? Is the leverage real?
- How can narrow networks offer a payer-provider system a product-branding opportunity?
- To what extent will narrow networks be a strategy used by provider systems to enter the health insurance business? How should insurers prepare for this new competition?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3m49_121013 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.