With more than 70 classes next quarter, we literally have something for every culinary interest and skill level. People can purchase classes for themselves or others via our website, or they can stop by the store, or simply give us a call.
Glen Ellyn, IL (PRWEB) November 21, 2013
Just in time for holiday gift giving, Marcel’s Culinary Experience (http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retailer and recreational cooking school in Glen Ellyn, Ill. (Chicago suburb), has announced its first quarter 2014 class schedule, plus a new assortment of gift baskets that can be shipped nationwide.
First quarter 2014 highlights:
- Chef’s Mentor series with Marcel’s instructors Paul Lindemuth and Robin Nathan sharing stories and dishes inspired by those who most influenced their culinary careers: Jacques Pepin and John Ash, respectively.
- Morning at Marcel’s: Breakfast Now, Dinner Later series. Participants enjoy a tasty breakfast while instructor Lynn Dugan, a registered dietician and mother of four teens, demonstrates a family-pleasing dish packaged into a take-home “dinner starter kit.”
- Two bread-baking workshops – one paired with soup making, the other with preparing jams, chutneys, preserves and other spreads.
- Field trip to Cocoa Bean Fine Desserts, Geneva, Ill., that includes a hands-on cooking class and lunch.
- Cooking with Toddlers class, taught by Chef Katie Wojciechowski, mother of two preschoolers.
“People love to give and receive cooking classes as gifts during the year-end holidays or anytime,” says Marcel’s owner Jill Foucré. “With more than 70 classes next quarter, we literally have something for every culinary interest and skill level. People can purchase classes for themselves or others via our website, or they can stop by the store, or simply give us a call.”
In addition to classes, shoppers can purchase gift baskets from Marcel’s, starting at $40. Customers can choose their own contents, or select from eight designs crafted by the Marcel’s staff. Themes include Coffee Break, Candy Jar Fun, Taste of Italy, and Marcel’s Favorite Picks. All feature small-batch specialty foods, much of which is made in the Chicago area.
For last-minute holiday parties or group gift giving, Marcel’s also has a few spots available in December and January for private classes and other special events. “We have a variety of fun, food-oriented themes and formats available for groups from 10 to 40. If you’ve delayed planning a party or other event, give us a call,” Foucré says.
For more information, including a complete schedule of classes, demonstrations and other events, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com or call (630) 790-8500.
About Marcel’s Culinary Experience
Marcel’s Culinary Experience is a combination retail store and recreational cooking school located at 490 N. Main in historic downtown Glen Ellyn, Ill., about 20 miles west of downtown Chicago. Marcel’s operates a full schedule of culinary classes for cooks of all ages and skill levels, and is available for private events of up to 16 people. The retail space is stocked with fine cookware and hardworking professional tools, exquisite tablewares, specialty foods and one-of-a-kind items. Marcel’s owner is Jill Foucré, a former health insurance executive, who named the space after her grandfather, a French chef and restaurateur. For more information, visit http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.