Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) November 21, 2013
Bellucci Premium comments on an article that shares 5 ways to begin transitioning to the Mediterranean diet, which promotes a healthy lifestyle.
According to the article published on Emeals on November 13th titled “5 Steps to Start the Mediterranean Diet,” a transition to the Mediterranean diet can help promote a healthier lifestyle.
The article shares these 5 tips to help transition to the Mediterranean diet:
- Use olive oil, not butter: Start trading butter for olive oil. When cooking vegetables, sauté with olive oil and consider using a drizzle of olive oil on salads. “You’ll lose the cholesterol and gain a dose of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats,” says the article.
- Eat less meat: Start limiting your intake of meat. The Mediterranean diet encourages eating fish more often than red meat, so try incorporating this into your diet slowly. Doing so will add more healthy fats into your diet and limit your consumption of saturated fats.
- Choose whole grains: Check out the whole grain options for products such as pasta, bread and rice. The article says that “whole grains contain more vitamins, minerals and fiber for digestive health.”
- Include more vegetables in your diet: Keep in mind that vegetables are a large part of the Mediterranean diet. Start introducing new vegetables into your diet while focusing on new ways to prepare the ones you already love.
- Eat fruit for dessert: If you have a sweet tooth, eat fruit and save the cookies and cakes for a special occasion. “If you need a little added sweetness, drizzle with honey or add a scoop of Greek yogurt rather than white sugar or ice cream,” recommends the article.
“Switching to the Mediterranean diet can have many long lasting health benefits,” says Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium. “An olive oil rich diet can help provide a balanced diet. This diet focuses on healthy fats, like monounsaturated fats, and lowers your intake of unhealthy ones. It can also help you explore new cooking methods and introduce new flavors that you wouldn’t normally experience.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.